Review of Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ebele Ekelobi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Review of Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing" by Gracie Holman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman is a poetry book that comprises ninety-one beautiful poems where the author shares some beautiful ideas, advice, and motivational lines that we all need in facing some of life's many challenges in order to have and live a brighter and happier future. In "I am a Woman", the author writes about being a goal getter and the fact that she doesn’t view unaccomplished goals as a failure. In "Life", she acknowledges how imperfect life is but insists we must make the best of it. In "Choices", she shares the belief that everyone is entitled to their choices in life. Go through this book to enjoy more beautiful poems from the very creative Gracie Curry Holman in full detail.

I, without any doubt, loved virtually everything about this masterful poetry piece. The author clearly took her time to pen down such beautiful words. Her tone and style of writing were perfect. I could relate to all the lines of the ninety-one poems written in this book. I appreciate the fact that little to no ambiguous words were used in writing this piece which makes it suitable for anybody with even an average intellect. Virtually everyone can read and understand the poems. The fact that the author decided to make the poems concise was very thoughtful of her as it removed the tendency of anyone getting bored while reading the poems and definitely allowed for easy assimilation. This piece was very educative; I picked a few tips that will forever guide my actions through life as challenges are inevitable. The poem that really stood out for me was "Believe in yourself". It felt like the author was speaking to me directly through the lines of the poem. I have always been scared to put myself out there, but the few lines of that poem completely changed my mindset. I loved the fact that the author always made reference to God in most of her poems. She gave credit to God and acknowledged the fact that without him on our side, we are as good as nothing. There are other poems I really enjoyed, but I will leave you to read them for yourself. Lastly, I loved how the author always emphasised wanting to make the world a better place to live in.

Apart from the few grammatical errors I found in the book, there's really nothing else I dislike about it. I must admit that the errors interrupted my reading a bit.

Regardless of the errors, I consider the book to be professionally edited, and I believe it should get all the credit, so I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman to all lovers of poetry. This would certainly leave a good impression on them and will equally see to their growth in different areas of life.

Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
View: on Bookshelves
Fams Pee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fams-pee.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Fams Pee »

As long as one doesn't give up, unaccomplished goals (which I'll refer to as yet-to-be accomplished goals) do not imply one is a failure. I was actually attracted by the title of this book, but it seems the content has become a must-read for me now. Thanks for the review.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

I really don't love poetry and this book doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Thanks for the review.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you for the good review. The author selected an amazing title for the book. And a good collection of poems with reflective titles like 'Life' and 'Choices'.
Bri Denzel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri-denzel.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Bri Denzel »

This is for lovers of poetry. It'll be great to enjoy the amazing poems contained in this book. Great review, by the way
Itz Savaga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Post by Itz Savaga »

Poetry is my forte. I love to read poems beaches they always have a lot of deep meanings to them and deciphering this meanings is what makes them all the more interesting.
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

If you love to read poems, this is for your consumption. Get your hands on it.
Alexander C Schmoock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

I'm not big on poetry books. I will pass on this one, but lovers of the genre can feel free to check it out.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”