Official Review: Infinite Wisdom by La’Sha Wright

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Caroline Anne Richmond
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Living in a Two-Faced Jungle by Michael A Powell

Official Review: Infinite Wisdom by La’Sha Wright

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Infinite Wisdom" by La’Sha Wright.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Infinite Wisdom is a non-fiction book written by La’Sha Wright. The author is a twenty-two-year-old woman who has had many jobs and has decided she wants to dedicate herself to inspire people to make better choices and build better communities. She also aspires to be in history books because of her vocation. The book comprises many brief letters, poems, and observations about different topics that inspire readers to become the best versions of themselves.

The author begins by stating that your soul makes you a poet. With this connection to ourselves, the art of poetry becomes nourishment for our souls. Along with this connection, the author explains the foundations for a balanced, successful life. Honesty, character, integrity, faith, love, loyalty, Jesus, and God are the fundamental principles, and each chapter discusses parts of them in intricate detail.

Knowing who you are and accepting mistakes and failures is crucial in life. The author explains that without failures there are no successes and that you must learn to love yourself despite any mistakes. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty,” this quote is perfect to describe the author’s views on life and how she believes we should find the light in the darkest of places and see failures as learning curves.

The book touches on many social and current issues. I admired the honesty and bravery in the author’s words and how she didn’t hold back from controversial issues. The justice system and its failings are discussed, as well as racism. She states labels have segregated society, and lack of education has been a limiting factor. Labels of black people being criminals, white people being racists, and other races being immigrants, are detrimental to society and adds to the social disparity. I thought some of her statements were quite strong and would be worthy of debate, as her opinions may not resonate with every reader. For example, stating that people are not punished enough in the justice system because of their mental health issues is a contentious issue. I also thought some blanket statements like parents and grandparents are too easy on children, making them lazy and spoiled, could easily offend readers.

I enjoyed some observations about different people, like poor people having more wealth than rich people because they may be happier and satisfied with simpler things. I liked the letters she wrote to different demographics. One of my favourites was to future presidents. She states they should understand what it’s like to live a life with struggles, failures, and heartaches, in order to relate to the people of the country they are leading.

The author is a Christian, and this is very important in her life. She advocates this lifestyle and says that rewards will come from God if you follow this belief system. There are some religious chapters in the book, but I believe anyone can enjoy the messages in the book regardless of what they believe.

I found some spelling and grammar mistakes in the book, as well as some formatting issues. I enjoyed the author’s inspirational ideas and admired her bravery in expressing them. I did find some of her opinions debatable, and some chapters were not as uplifting as I would have hoped. I rate the book 2 out of 4 stars. I don’t think the book has been professionally edited, and this would be beneficial to the book. Also, a little less repetition of topics would make the book more concise. The book is suitable for adults and young adults who like inspirational and self-help books containing ways of looking at everyday life in a more meaningful way.

Infinite Wisdom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

A book that inspires us to be the best version of ourselves is one that should be read by all and sundry. Great review.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I’d be very interested to read this and maybe a follow up when she’s a little older to see if any of her opinions have changed. It really sounds like she’s genuine about helping people realize their potential. Thanks for the great review!
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

The variety of topics discussed and the subject she has written about is great. Having said that, some issues will make it problematic to read like the more punishment and children being lazy. You've written a great review.
GoodLuck ES
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodluck-es.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by GoodLuck ES »

I'm a big fan of books that motivate readers to become better versions of themselves. I'm sure I'd love this.

Great review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

The review is definitely better than the book itself. Two out of four stars would be my rating as well.
Caroline Anne Richmond

Kennedy NC wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 17:07 A book that inspires us to be the best version of ourselves is one that should be read by all and sundry. Great review.
Thanks for your kind comments. I agree, everyone should be inspired to be the best version of themselves.
Caroline Anne Richmond

Booklover Becca wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 20:57 I’d be very interested to read this and maybe a follow up when she’s a little older to see if any of her opinions have changed. It really sounds like she’s genuine about helping people realize their potential. Thanks for the great review!
I thought the same, it would be interesting to see how her views change with more maturity. Thanks for your comments.
Caroline Anne Richmond

Kavita Shah wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 21:42 The variety of topics discussed and the subject she has written about is great. Having said that, some issues will make it problematic to read like the more punishment and children being lazy. You've written a great review.
Thank you for your kind comments. Some of her ideas didn’t resonate with me, but I guess all a matter of opinion. I think as she gets older some of her opinions may change.
Caroline Anne Richmond

GoodLuck ES wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 01:42 I'm a big fan of books that motivate readers to become better versions of themselves. I'm sure I'd love this.

Great review.
I hope you enjoy the book if you get chance to read it, thank you for your comments.
Caroline Anne Richmond

markodim721 wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 12:14 The review is definitely better than the book itself. Two out of four stars would be my rating as well.
Thank you for your kind comments. I’m glad you agree with my rating.
Holly Fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holly-fleming.html
Latest Review: Beyond by Ruth Mitchell

Post by Holly Fleming »

I always appreciate an author that is willing to delve into controversial topics. I'm sorry to hear that there were so many errors in the book. Thanks for an honest review!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”