Official Review: Letters to Dandelion by XVE

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Official Review: Letters to Dandelion by XVE

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Letters to Dandelion" by XVE.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Have you ever loved someone but lacked the courage to tell them? Are you worried about not being liked by someone you love very much? Are you lovesick because your heart cannot simply resign to fate?" Letters to Dandelion by XVE is a poetic book, which is written in the form of letters that express the author's undying love for Dandelion, the woman of his dreams. In his poems, the author reveals the emotional torture that he has endured in his pursuit for love.

XVE begins by describing Dandelion's physical appearance. He vividly describes her physical attributes and builds a perfect image of her. The author then progresses on to write about his fantasies with Dandelion. He even divulges the sexual lusts that he has had for his sexy lover. As he advances, he tells us about the pain that he feels in her absence. He recounts the memories of their time together and laments how short-lived their moments were. Will he convince her to come to him? Will Dandelion listen and respond to the pleas of her lover?

There are a lot of positive attributes to note about this book, which I may not fully exhaust in this review. Any Christian that reads this book cannot fail to notice the semblance between these poems and the biblical Songs of Songs, which were written by King Solomon. Better still, the author complimented his poems with drawings that were very engaging in their outlook. Their inclusion assisted in evoking mental images of the author's imaginations. Vivid descriptions of his feelings and those of his lover's reactions created a pure form of love that I also found too irresistible to fathom.

This book would not be complete without poetic elements. XVE exercised poetic licence in this book, by deviating from some norms of poetry writing. He included prose forms in his book, which appeared in the middle of some stanzas. These paragraphs extended his explanations and enabled me to empathize with him more. The presence of end rhyme in several lines created musicality and made the stanzas easily memorable. His use of similes and metaphors also enhanced the reader's involvement in this book by making him/her (reader) to think about the comparisons. I could not help sympathizing with the author's desperate situation especially after reading most of the rhetorical questions that he asked.

There is nothing that I did not like about this book. I was only able to find one typographical mistake, which leads me to conclude that it was edited professionally. I cannot think of a better way to appreciate the author other than awarding this masterpiece a maximum rating of four out of four stars. I recommend it to lovesick readers who seek some form of catharsis in their emotional situations. Lovers of poetry will enjoy reading the insightful writing skills of this author

Letters to Dandelion
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bet on Me! :idea:
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

Hi Kanda,
This is a lovely review you have here.
Reading your review of this book reminds me of my crush. I was preparing to shoot my shot but my priorities couldn't be jettisoned. Sure, I bore the brunt for a week. Hahaha... Your review has made me loose-mouthed.
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

I think this book will help me a lot. Thanks for the review. I will go and buy the book straight ahead.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

Lovely review
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

This seems like a lovely book that would be great as a gift. Thank you for the review!
Joan642
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: Inspirations by Colleen by Colleen Bruce

Post by Joan642 »

Thanks for the review, but I don't think I would be interested in reading this book.
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

The intro of this review had my heart feeling heavy. I can only hope that Dandelion feels as strongly for him.
Beautiful review.
Live and let live, baby.
Saketjha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saketjha.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Saketjha »

Tragic love stories always interest me. Thanks
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Your review is great! But I don’t think this is my cup of tea. Thanks for your insightful review.
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

Olabode Joshua wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 03:33 Hi Kanda,
This is a lovely review you have here.
Reading your review of this book reminds me of my crush. I was preparing to shoot my shot but my priorities couldn't be jettisoned. Sure, I bore the brunt for a week. Hahaha... Your review has made me loose-mouthed.
Love is a beautiful thing but painful when it's not reciprocated. Thank you for the comment.
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

Star_and_Buck wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 03:35 I think this book will help me a lot. Thanks for the review. I will go and buy the book straight ahead.
I'm happy that my review has influenced your decision to read this book. Thanks for passing by.
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

Dayodiola wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 04:37 Lovely review
Thanks for passing by.
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

Zainabreadsnow wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 04:50 This seems like a lovely book that would be great as a gift. Thank you for the review!
It sure would be a nice book for a lover of poetry. Thank you for your contribution in this comment section.
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

Joan642 wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 06:36 Thanks for the review, but I don't think I would be interested in reading this book.
Thank you for the comment.💫
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

AnnOgochukwu wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 08:15 The intro of this review had my heart feeling heavy. I can only hope that Dandelion feels as strongly for him.
Beautiful review.
There's only one sure way of finding out😉
Thank you for the comment Ann💫

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”