Official Review: Take Suicide off the Table

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Official Review: Take Suicide off the Table

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Take Suicide off the Table" by David Michael Barnett.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Take Suicide off the Table is a book of poetry written by David Michael Barnett. The author writes about a variety of topics. He includes his beliefs on God and how God will get him through whatever is going on in his life. He writes about struggles and staying positive through them. He also writes about the good things that happen to him.

The author is positive and upbeat in many of the poems. Even in poems where the author talks about obstacles, such as in "Downward Spiral," he says he believes he will be all right. The poems are motivational and inspirational. "Take Suicide off the Table" is a poem that tells the reader to not give up and there are other options.

Readers who enjoy poetry will like this book. They may even find they relate to some of the poems. Those looking for an uplifting book to read would like this one. Individuals who don't like reading poetry will most likely want to skip this book. Those who aren't into religion, or prefer reading books without mention of God, may also want to skip reading this book. Pessimistic people might find the poems to be too optimistic, but they may also find a new way of looking at things as well.

I enjoyed reading this book of poetry. I found myself relating to some of the poems. I really related to "I Feel Your Pain." I liked how the author made it known the pain doesn't own you and to live in the moment. I liked that the author wasn't afraid to speak about God. I enjoyed how he motivates the reader to keep going even when things are tough. His poems are about things that happen in every day life and make the reader see things in a positive way. I felt more positive while reading the book. The one item I didn't like was the repeat of some of the poems. I was confused at first, but then realized they were duplicates. One was the same poem, but with a different title. Hopefully the author will do extra proofreading the next time to avoid this type of error.

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. While there are no spelling or grammatical errors, I did take away a star for some of the poems being repeated. I believe a little extra proofreading could have kept this error from happening. I believe readers will find many poems they enjoy in this book. They will also find plenty they can relate to. Overall, the poems are well-written. I would read other books by David Michael Barnett. The author did a wonderful job of putting his thoughts into words for others to enjoy.

Take Suicide off the Table
View: on Bookshelves
Mac :techie-reference:
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

I feel disposed to any poetic content. The author captured my attention with the title. I'd wish to find some time and read this book: hopefully, by then, the errors will have been corrected. Danke :D mac83 :tiphat: for the detailed review.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Chinelookeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelookeke.html
Latest Review: Fear Me Now by Christopher Williams

Post by Chinelookeke »

Very inspirational. I would try to make out time to read this. With God all things are possible. Thanks for this review.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

The title of the book itself is so moving. The review seems promising for the book to be a good read for me. I really love reading uplifting poems. Thanks for the amazing review.
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

The title attracted me to read the review and it seems this is an interesting book of poetry. Great job with the review!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Topsey »

This sounds like a great collection of poetry. I’ll have to give it a look after reading your review!
Thandeka 01
Currently Reading: The Duke's Bride in Disguise
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Thandeka 01 »

The name it's self of the poem grabbed my attention. I like the way the author involve God in the room for hope and change. Great job right there with the review👏
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

Very excited to read this collection! Thank you for a thorough and very enticing review!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”