Official Review: Sparkling Inspirational Poetry of God's ...

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Official Review: Sparkling Inspirational Poetry of God's ...

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sparkling Inspirational Poetry of God's Love and Grace" by Sherry Callis.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sparkling Inspirational Poetry of God’s Love and Grace by Sherry Callis is a 24-page-long book comprising poems on various subjects. The fascinating subjects addressed in the poems include prayer, forgiveness, thanksgiving, motherhood, fatherhood, sacrifice, and many others. The poems show that God’s extraordinary love and grace can be experienced through both mundane activities and significant accomplishments. The author sees many events through the love and grace of God and accordingly composes all of them with immense gratitude.

The imagery in the poem was fascinating. Consequently, I admired the fact that the author could employ ordinary words and activities to communicate divine realities. The poems were simple enough for even young children to follow but also adequately enriched to typically leave an ardent reader with a great deal to think about. This simplicity proved poetry does not have to be a complex subject. The poems also addressed important subjects like forgiveness flowing from a person receiving the grace of God. The emphasis was also stressed on the need to do what is good. One of the poems I liked most was ‘Let’s Keep the Dream Alive’. It addressed the subject of racial prejudice by reminding the reader about the immense contribution of Martin Luther King Junior and so admonishing for the realization of his dream.

The poems were brief but comprehensive, and for this reason, one has to overcome the urge to read it for the sole purpose of merely reading. This is made challenging because the author employed a straightforward language and consequently the poems were easy to comprehend. However, one realizes the weight of every line as they take time to reflect on them more deeply. I also had to reread most of the poems to grasp their meanings.

There are many things that I liked about the book. What I liked most was the delightful simplicity of the poems. The ability to see God’s love and grace through many happenings was intriguing as well. I disliked the solid dull background of the text, though. This is because I had to struggle a bit to decipher the text while reading, especially as the text color was white. I believe changing the background color and adding a little more creativity will make the layout more captivating. This was the only issue I disliked.

Although the book was edited well, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars because of the poor text background. I heartily recommend it to all Christians who are ardent fans of poetry. Any other open-minded person who would like to read about God’s love and grace will also like this book.

Sparkling Inspirational Poetry of God's Love and Grace
View: on Bookshelves
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

This seems like it would be an interesting and quick book to read. Great review!
Chimdi_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdi-3.html
Latest Review: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores) by Barry Litherland

Post by Chimdi_3 »

Nice review.This book will help people understand and.appreciate God's grace and love in the simplicity of the poems.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Must be a beautiful and inspiring collection of poetry. I would love to check this one out. Thank you for a great review! :)
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

I love the book already. Fully packed with constant reminders of God's love, forgiveness and living according to God's ordinance. Beautiful review.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Harty Muli »

I like this book because of the positive vibes flowing from the poems. I like the discussion against racial prejudice and spiritual matters, for example. Nice review.
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Nedbrian »

Loved the book and definitely will add to my bookshelves "Want To Read" section. I love books that incite its readers to deliberate on their Christianity and this sure did its job well.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”