Official Review: Tears & Laughters by Ray R. F.

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
eliviac35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliviac35.html
Latest Review: Tears & Laughters by Ray R. F.

Official Review: Tears & Laughters by Ray R. F.

Post by eliviac35 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tears & Laughters" by Ray R. F..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tears and Laughters: A Poetry Journal by Ray R. F. is a sincere collection of poetry that focuses on the parts of life that unite all of us including insecurity, love, and loss. I rate this collection 4 out of 4 stars without any hesitation. The journal opens with a quote from After We Fell by Anna Todd: “Nobody is a lost cause. They just think they are, so they don't even bother to try sometimes.” This quote helps the reader anticipate what is to come within this journal.

There are quotes at the beginning of both Part One and Part Two that help set the stage for the poems that follow. I attempted to research the quote that opened Part Two because I had never heard of the poem You are Love by Efrain Huerta. I was able to find the original poem that was written in Spanish, and I used an online translation website to translate the poem into English. I love that this journal allowed me to discover something from another culture that I would otherwise have not been exposed to.

The author has presented us with a beautifully written journal with minimal errors, and he packed so many emotions of love into this concise journal. I would also highly recommend that, after reading the entirety of this collection, you go back and read the three parts of the poem "IN THIS ONE AND IN THE FOLLOWING" consecutively. This poem definitely touched my heart. Reading the third part of the poem made me wish that I could go back to my wedding day and use an excerpt from the section in my vows. The author did a wonderful job making the reader evaluate their emotions.

The only complaint that I have about this collection is that it only contains one short story. I loved the author’s inclusion of the short story at the beginning, and I thought that it was very well written. I would like to see more than one short story in this collection to help the journal feel more cohesive.

Tears & Laughters: A Poetry Journal is a wonderfully written collection that forces the reader to evaluate their emotions. The author’s intended audience is individuals between the ages of 18 and 40, and I would say that he definitely delivered to his target audience. I would highly recommend reading this collection to the author's target audience, and add that this collection would be suitable for readers outside of the age range of 18-40. Overall, this collection is very worthwhile and I highly recommend it to everyone looking for some introspection.

Tears & Laughters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

This is a review beautifully written. First off, the book cover is very attractive and is basically what caught my attention. I find this book very interesting given that I seek introspection and it's all thanks to this wonderful review.
Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

I'm inclined to believe that I'm part of the writer's target audience as this review already whets my appetite. Thank you for such an excellent review.
Nonso Samuelson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-samuelson.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Nonso Samuelson »

Besides the other themes, I especially appreciate the themes of love and hope. Thanks for this review.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

Tears and laughters is a name that will attract anyone, especially someone like me who isn't big on poetry. A point in for the author. I love the layout of the book going by your review and the themes in the book are relatable.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

I must add this one to my list; sounds emotionally-charged. Thank you for your lovely review.
Laurina Michael Olowoniran
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Post by Laurina Michael Olowoniran »

Wow. Its just so beautiful. Your review is so engaging that I felt like I read the book. Love is beautiful and humanity is joined by so much
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

Excellent review I would say. The title and cover of the book are in harmony and will easily make any reader want to see through the pages which then, according to this review, is excellent.
Cassie Lyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassie-lyn.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur

Post by Cassie Lyn »

This seems like a book I would enjoy reading. The cover along with your review makes it very inviting. Great review!
Dannyphery
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dannyphery.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Dannyphery »

Though not my preferred genre, guess I would give this one a try.
Seems interesting.
Thanks for the review
Jennipher Mbewe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jennipher Mbewe »

Tears and laughter is a title that would easy attract me. I love the layout of the book . it seems interesting and i definitely have to read this. Thanks for this excellent review.
Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

Anything that has to do with emotion is everyone's business. Once in a while, we get emotional about someone or something. I think this book may be of help in such a situation. Great book. Great review.
Lady-of-Literature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-of-literature.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Lady-of-Literature »

Your review is beautifully written and I love how eager you are give this book 4 stars, I trust your judgment completely.
Brandy1725
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Brandy1725 »

Your review was so inspiring that it makes me eager to read the book. It sounds like you got lost in the book and couldn't put it down.
Marion Jepkosgei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marion-jepkosgei.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Marion Jepkosgei »

The title and boom cover really peaked my interest. The review is also amazing. From what I have gathered, this poetry journal is a goldmine.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”