Official Review: Tributaries: A Book of Poetry

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lhordeazi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Featured Official Review: Tributaries: A Book of Poetry

Post by lhordeazi »

The cover caught my eye because of its beauty. It sounds like the picture matches the words written. I usually shy away from poetry because it can be difficult to understand, but this book of poetry sounds like a wonderful one to begin with. I enjoyed reading your positive review. Thanks!
We do not simply live in this universe. I think this poem is different. I would give it a try. Thank you for your wonderful, well-thought review..
ReaderDean
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerdean.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by ReaderDean »

The purpose of poetry is elicit emotion through the use of metaphor and imagery. It sound like this book is successful in achieving that goal. This book is worth a look.
Moushmi Radhanpara
Currently Reading: Divergent
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moushmi-radhanpara.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Moushmi Radhanpara »

I love reading poetry. Sometimes they are just as simple and yet give out a profound meaning to what the writer has to say. The review does make me want to read the book!
CHIDAMBARAM
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidambaram.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by CHIDAMBARAM »

A nice review which poses challenge to reader to read the collection of poems and investigate the interpretations made by you and the other readers and what the poet feels about his work.

Best Regards
K.V. Chidambaram
bigscarythingy
Currently Reading: Best Evidence
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigscarythingy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by bigscarythingy »

As a writer of - some very bad - poetry in my teens, I'm always respectful of actual, grown-up poets. I'm very happy that poetry is still a recognized art form in this day and age, as the world is a better place with its inclusion. Great review.
"Go back to your books, and your armchair. Plant your trees, watch them grow. If more people valued home above gold, this world would be a merrier place."
Dawud Adaviruku
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawud-adaviruku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Dawud Adaviruku »

This is a really nice book to peruse. Although I won't check it out because I'm actually not a fan of poetry. Great review
Kinap
Currently Reading: Instant Pot Cookbook #2019
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinap.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Kinap »

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I have always loved poetry and am always looking for something wonderful to read. I find poetry to be so powerful and meaningful, especially if it was written a certain way. Your review has caught my interest and I will soon read this book of poems!
Fullymee

Post by Fullymee »

I have yet to find any relatively good poems that didn't connect to or through me thought I tend to shy from reading or writing them. The eminence amounts of raw emotions that has to be channelled through a person for them to write something so captivating and so raw must be incredibllying stagnant, or constant consider amount of hours and passion that goes in such pieces of work. Hats off to you :tiphat:
Sparkle Skeleton

Post by Sparkle Skeleton »

Poetry is beautiful. It has great passion and a beautiful way to express emotion and paint a picture in your mind. This book looks lovely and the cover is just fabulous
Lia81
Favorite Book: Four Funny Potatoes!
Currently Reading: Mining for Alaskan Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by Lia81 »

I like poetry and your review enccourages me to read it .It sounds that this collection represents variety of styles of poems .Moreover ,I like the fact that flowers,forests ,geographical areas are used as metaphores to deeper meanings like death ,birth etc. In addition , this book may help as media for meditation treatment ,if you reread the poems ,each time you may discover something new, each time you may discover a new meaning.Furthemore , I think that the cover is very appealing and fits with the context.It conveys calm, serenity and spirituality . I would like to have it to my library and browse through ..the pages .. Finally, it seems that it is a good "start kit" for someone to enter to the world of poem .Many people are discouraged due to the complexity of the poems so this book seems appropriate because of the simple writing
Melissa Breen
Currently Reading: World War Z
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-breen.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Melissa Breen »

I very often find poetry hard to get into, but this sounds like a very approachable book. The changing in styles and format is something different that might be able to ease the experience for me! And by the sounds of it it's a very calming read
JAEABEL1

Post by JAEABEL1 »

It is heartening to hear reviews like this one, that focus on what I consider the essence of poetry, namely, the portrayal of a feeling or a moment, which requires the old fashioned tools: good vocabulary and the ability to mix the word colours to achieve the desired product. I concur that it weakens the work to employ cliches and flowery language.
Reviews like this one affirm that real poets still exist and that poetry will never die.
Bluegreenmarina can keep up the genre flag! There is a species that thrives on this kind of language!
I would also relish having a copy of the book.
Regards.
Abel Jae
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

Wow! This book of poems sounds like a wonderful and uplifting collection! If I liked books about poetry, I would have to read this one from your review alone. Thank you for an inspiring review!
Craigy1-1

Post by Craigy1-1 »

Simplicity at its very best. Love poems like these and
very inspiring
Renee_Prior1995
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-prior1995.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Renee_Prior1995 »

simplistic poetry. sounds good. at least this one seems easier to read than Shakespeare.
"From what I have tasted of desire,
I hold those who favor fire.
but if I had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate.
To say that the destruction of ice is also great
and will suffice." - Robert Frost

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”