Official Review: The Poetic Vibrations of a Matured Butte...

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Official Review: The Poetic Vibrations of a Matured Butte...

Post by CinWin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Poetic Vibrations of a Matured Butterfly" by Arthur Lee Conway.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Poetic Vibrations of a Matured Butterfly is an accumulation of Arthur Lee Conway’s poems and parables. He has an incredible way of bringing all of the bigotry, pain, disease and unfairness of humanity against itself into one lump story of woe.

This small book of only 104 pages has three sections. The first is entitled “Rites of Passage.”  It deals with the human race and all of the pain they go through in order to survive. He weaves personal stories, mythology, historical and current events together in order to contrast and compare the tragedy we call life. For example, in a story called “The Hunt,” we are shown a man being beaten by the L.A.P.D. He compares them to Roman soldiers with spears. As the man lies dying on the ground, the policeman/soldier says, “It’s bleeding...! It’s a Man, I think...”

In the second section, “Valley of Passions," we encounter multi-dimensional themes in various countries throughout the world. From Jeffry Dahmer in the United States, to the “madmen of Nuremberg being sentenced to die on the gallows,” Mr. Conway shows us the intense apathy the collective endures.

Lastly, the third section, “Philosophical Road,” tells us of Conway’s rendition of life’s meaning. In a piece titled “Crossroads,” he states that we have man’s "conditional madness,” and then we graduate to the “illusion of earthly sanity.” The conclusion is that all of life is basically insane.

Along with the author’s skillful use of imagery, we have the illustrator’s black and white rendition of Conway’s words. He wrote a thank you to his illustrator, Hampton R. Olfus, Jr. It stated that they both shared the same cosmic vibrations. These vibrations show in his artistically effective drawings of the passion and emotions written in the prose.

This book shows the apathy and tragedy of the human condition in intense detail. It is not a hope-filled collection, but it is a down-to-earth rendition of the sadness of humankind. I must rate this book 4 out of 4 stars for its originality. It made me see the world in a different light. Although there is evil in the world, Conway believes that the masses just go along with the horrors projected upon them. It is as if it's an everyday occurrence that young girls get raped, and wars tear children and families apart. If you really think about that premise, it is, in truth, an everyday occurrence.

I would not recommend this book for the young or people that are sensitive. It is a very graphic collection, both the written word and the illustrations. I would encourage those that would like to visit a different worldview to get this book.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Poetic Vibrations of a Matured Butterfly. Even though it made me feel sad for our world, it did open my eyes to the plight of humankind. Arthur Lee Conway is an exciting and thought-provoking poet.

The Poetic Vibrations of a Matured Butterfly
View: on Bookshelves

Like CinWin's review? Post a comment saying so!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Crazyreader01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazyreader01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Crazyreader01 »

I love deep and meaningful stories and poetry. I also absolutely love the title of this book! It's so different. Thanks for the review! :tiphat:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm not sure this is for me because of the graphic content. However, if the title is anything like the book, the author definitely has a way with words. Thanks so much for your thoughts on this one.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Modern Death
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Juliana_Isabella »

This novel sounds interesting, but it does seem like the the descriptions may be too intense for some readers. Do you think this is a problem for many people or just those who are particularly sensitive to violence?
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This book sounds very well written and aspires to bring the evils of mankind to our attention. However, it sounds depressing as well, and I think I will have to skip it. Thanks for the review!
ofonimefriday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ofonimefriday »

The book is quite interesting, at least it reveals the wicked part of some people in the world we are. The author did a nice work I must comment.
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Radiant3 »

The writer addresses some very serious topics with his poetry. The title is certainly unusual. Thanks for an insightful review.
yimei1209
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yimei1209.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by yimei1209 »

I like your review so much! It gives a nice grasp of the book and it really intrigued me! Thank you so much!! :D
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

The subject matter sounds disheartening if thought-provoking. It's good that the poet uses imagery to good effect, though.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Crazyreader01 wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 04:18 I love deep and meaningful stories and poetry. I also absolutely love the title of this book! It's so different. Thanks for the review! :tiphat:
Your welcome, and thanks for reading my review!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

kandscreeley wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 07:44 I'm not sure this is for me because of the graphic content. However, if the title is anything like the book, the author definitely has a way with words. Thanks so much for your thoughts on this one.
Yes, the author does have a way with words. Thanks for stopping by to read the review.
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Juliana_Isabella wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 18:34 This novel sounds interesting, but it does seem like the the descriptions may be too intense for some readers. Do you think this is a problem for many people or just those who are particularly sensitive to violence?
I think that anybody that is sensitive to violence, swearing or the sometimes horrible reality of life would have a problem with this. Also, people that tend to get depressed easily should stay away because it is not a "feel-good" book.
Thanks for asking.
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Prisallen wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 07:30 This book sounds very well written and aspires to bring the evils of mankind to our attention. However, it sounds depressing as well, and I think I will have to skip it. Thanks for the review!
Thank you for stopping by, reading the review and commenting! :tiphat:
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

ofonimefriday wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 12:45 The book is quite interesting, at least it reveals the wicked part of some people in the world we are. The author did a nice work I must comment.
Yes, he did. Thanks for the comment!
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Radiant3 wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 14:34 The writer addresses some very serious topics with his poetry. The title is certainly unusual. Thanks for an insightful review.
Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”