Official Review: Kamel by Charles J Haubner III

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
davidcoin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Kamel by Charles J Haubner III

Post by davidcoin »

The book is very sentimental and emotional. His destiny was shaped by the circumstances he found himself. Thus his initial adventure to seek for greatness was short lived.
Skeco

Post by Skeco »

Great review. Wonderful attention to detail. I'm encouraged to really want to read the book.
Navysquid

Post by Navysquid »

Having experienced war myself, its ugly, this book intrigues me to add to my list to read. Remembering "All Quiet on the Western Front" as a high schooler decades ago, reading "Kamel" will take me back to the WWI era again. Thanks for the review.
Kallish

Post by Kallish »

The book story is so interesting and inspirational also thank you for this types of books
mnx

Post by mnx »

The Book was quite interesting. I must say growing for kamel was quite challenging but he was able to overcome those chqllenges.
Emeraldruby
Currently Reading:

Post by Emeraldruby »

This book is interesting,the story is horrible and also talks about what the boy is passing through when is grandparent is been slaughtered
misatifelix
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misatifelix.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by misatifelix »

Reading this book instills anxiety . I would just peep through the window since my mind was blown away . I put myself in Kamel's shoes and felt what he was in in my sub-conscious mind . This is not for the faint-hearted like me.
reader699
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74

Post by reader699 »

The review is quite amazing and the book itself is interesting . Keep up the good work
drunyan
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drunyan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by drunyan »

This book sounds like it is really good. I am wondering how graphic and bloody it is? I really don't get into that. Is it actually described or is it just suggested?
I am back! 4 months after radiation treatments and still cancer-free!
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

Sounds very interesting. I'm a big historical fiction fan and this is the first one I have seen on WW1. I'm looking forward to tracking down a copy and learning more about how the war impacted the every day French civilians.
Miercoles
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miercoles.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Miercoles »

Kamel and his grandfather were very brave and did their part to help their country during the war. There were some descriptions of the sights, sounds and smells of war that we often do not consider are the reality which soldiers face. A very good read from Charles J Haubner III. Perhaps he will one day write a sequel and let us see Kamel all grown up.

Return to “Historical Fiction”