Official Review: No Pit So Deep

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Re: Official Review: No Pit So Deep

Post by lavellan »

Thanks for your review! I wonder why someone was trying to kidnap Brandi. I feel for Cody; it's difficult to reveal your baggage to someone, especially when you love them. I'm curious to see how Cody's background as a marine and baseball player factor into the plot. I'm happy to hear that the love and message of the story are easily relatable to all readers.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

A Christian book talking about human trafficking and PTSD sounds like a good read for loves of this genre. I like the fact that it is well-written and well- edited. Good review
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
kelsiemaxwell
Currently Reading: Home to the Harbor
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsiemaxwell.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B016PUQWMI

Post by kelsiemaxwell »

It’s great to encounter a book that focuses on love, family and forgiveness without relying on explicit sexual content to carry the story. This is a great review.
“...a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
graceful-1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-graceful-1.html
Latest Review: High Hopes by Sue Lilley

Post by graceful-1 »

Just from the cover, I would have never picked this book up and considered it for a book I'd want to read. But as any good review does, it swayed my opinion and I am now thinking... it might be worth a read!
ChaosofaMadHatter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chaosofamadhatter.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by ChaosofaMadHatter »

From a personal standpoint, I'm not fond of christianity in my casual reading, however it sounds as though this book would appeal to many.
Anu99
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu99.html
Latest Review: Followed my Star by AR Annahita

Post by Anu99 »

The review has captured the essence of the novel very well highlighting how it differs from the typical style of how a romance is conceived. I was initially a bit confused as to what you meant by a light Christian base but over my perusal of the review, I was able to gather that it probably meant how sex is pushed to the background in the manifestation of love, keeping the divinity as per the Christian values. The fact that it is not simply a toe-curling romance indicates that it is suitable for both mature and young readers. I think I would love the zest and social commitment of the female character in the story and being a psychology minor, I am particularly intrigued by the PTSD aspect of the male protagonist. I think the book is a good read, may not be my favorite but I think it will keep me interested.
angiejack456
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angiejack456.html
Latest Review: Arsenic and Old Men by Glenn Ickler

Post by angiejack456 »

This book sounds like it should appeal to a variety of readers with it's mix of action and romance with Christian undertones. I like that it has romance without explicit scenes.
evraealtana
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Signature of All Things
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evraealtana.html
Latest Review: Never Teach A Pig to Sing. It is a waste of Time by Freida Atwood

Post by evraealtana »

Yuck. I don't like thrillers, I don't like religious works, and I can't stand romance novels. This BOTD is most definitely not for me. Thank you all the same for a wonderful review. I'm glad so many others are interested in checking it out.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

You had me at romance. I am a die hard fan for romance, especially when it also has a plot someone possible being in danger. "The love in this story is sweet and innocent carrying with it a strong message about faith and forgiveness. " I love this message and i think i will give it a try. Congratulations on BOTD .
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

I am glad to hear that this fast-paced thriller was well written, along with good character development. Cody suffers from PTSD and saves Brandi from an attack. They face danger together with "humor and grace." This book sounds like one I would like to read.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

While this sounds like it would be a great book, I am going to have to pass for now. I would not mind revisiting it in the future though.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
TheAshedPhoenix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theashedphoenix.html
Latest Review: How to Define Yourself by Chuck Clifton

Post by TheAshedPhoenix »

I had always been a sucker for sappy romance stories with everything rainbows and unicorns but I guess with maturity comes a more broader vision of looking at the world and accepting it as it is. The description of the love portrayed by No Pit So Deep in this review makes me want to read it. But damn does the psychological arc of the story sounds interesting! I'll be leaning more towards that aspect while reading it. Thanks for the wonderful review. :)
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

I liked how you described that the writing style seemed to connect you with the characters and their lives. This looks like a good book with a good plot, but romance isn't my go to reads. Thanks for the review anyway!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Helena91
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helena91.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Helena91 »

I like an action book with a little romance infused in it. Thanks for the review!
SavannaEGoth
Favorite Book: Warriors
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannaegoth.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler

Post by SavannaEGoth »

This book sounds like it has a lot going on, and should keep readers entertained and hooked. I normally don't enjoy romance plots, but the thrilling aspect definitely interests me, and I'm curious as to how the author successfully incorporates themes of humor into the work without it breaking the mood of the book. It's especially intriguing to see that one of the characters is accompanied by their very young child, which no doubt puts a lot of strain on the pair as they fight to protect her while simultaneously taking on other responsibilities in the wake of unusual, intense events.

A very interesting premise, to say the least. Thank you for writing your review!
"I'm going to die whatever you do, but I'm not afraid."
- Yellowfang Warriors: Rising Storm

Return to “Historical Fiction”