Official Review: The Royal Secret by john bentley

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Re: Official Review: The Royal Secret by john bentley

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

I've experienced that awkward feeling as well, when I go back to re-read a section because I'm confused later on. Glad to know I'm not alone in that thought process.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

Thanks very much for the review! It is super interesting and makes the book sound great!
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Mollymae
Currently Reading: Beartown
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollymae.html
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mollymae »

Thanks so much for the review. Even though there appears to be a few problems with the flow, I enjoy books written about this time period and it seems the author added some interesting twists.
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Jessica Samuelsen
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-samuelsen.html
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jessica Samuelsen »

Great Review! I like that you get the details from the Elizabeth period. I love when a book can transport me from reality right into the story. It sounds like this book does that. Bummer on the tangents sounds like it got confusing.
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
CathHenderson
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathhenderson.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by CathHenderson »

A great review - the best historical novels are those that bring details of an era 'to life' in the imagination, will add to bookshelves...
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

That was a super detailed review! This book is unlike any I've ever read, but it sounds great. It definitely seems like the author put a lot of time into it. Great job!
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
precy4life
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by precy4life »

This book looks very interesting,the historical part is unique. It's a perfect write up
virginia nadayag

Post by virginia nadayag »

I may not have yet read the book but sensing from the review, it seems I will be treading thru elizabethan history which I find exciting and worth my time. Being a history teacher, I am really mesmerized at stories that deals with historical personalities, whether true or fiction. Imagine living life in that era ,with all the colors of life and environment sorrounding the events unfolding before our eyes! What an exciting book to read!

-- 16 Mar 2017, 19:18 --

I may not have yet read the book but sensing from the review, it seems I will be treading thru elizabethan history which I find exciting and worth my time. Being a history teacher, I am really mesmerized at stories that deals with historical personalities, whether true or fiction. Imagine living life in that era ,with all the colors of life and environment sorrounding the events unfolding before our eyes! What an exciting book to read!
Mehdi Tarache
Currently Reading: Lemoncella Cocktail

Post by Mehdi Tarache »

I am interested with this book ❤❤

-- 18 Mar 2017, 02:56 --

I think its a great one
EugeniuszMosz

Post by EugeniuszMosz »

Following the death of an American bio-billionaire a thrilling exposé of mystery and intrigue links the power politics of today directly to the bisexual spy rings of Queen Elizabeth 1st. Through the eyes of a women seeking to uncover the truth of the death of the man she loves, The Royal Secret reveals the story of one of the world’s best known men whose rightful claim to the thrones of England and America has been concealed until this day.

From Washington to London to Paris and the castles of the Templars, Mrs G has only weeks in which to decrypt clues from the distant past of the Kaballah and the bloodline of Christ himself. As she delves into a world of mysticism she exposes modern science to criticism in its suppression of a superior occult intelligence known only to those who have ruled the world down the Centuries, as they still do today.
Shreyoshi Sen
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyoshi-sen.html
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam

Post by Shreyoshi Sen »

Handling the stories of two different times and universe is way more difficult than it seems. The book is quite interesting. Thanks for such an amazing review.
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam
Clive Johnson
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Clive Johnson »

It is very difficult to dodge from one period to another. There can be confusing breaks in the narrative, particularly if the author diligently includes historical details.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

This one sounds interesting. Mixing current time period and Elizabethan era. Reminds me of Shadow of Night, 2nd book of All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. Thanks for the review
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
godreaujea
Currently Reading: Station Eleven
Bookshelf Size: 347
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godreaujea.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by godreaujea »

This book sounds very intriguing! Thanks for the great review!
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

A very very interesting plot. Your review made me get a copy of this book. It has all the ingredients of a good book. Also the occult involvement makes the story very surreal.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing

Return to “Historical Fiction”