Official Review: A Kingdom's Cost by J R Tomlin

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Official Review: A Kingdom's Cost by J R Tomlin

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

Seems like I would enjoy this one! The main character's story appeals to me as strong as my yearning to know more about Scottish history. Thank you for your review!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Rumiza_Shaikh07
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumiza-shaikh07.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Rumiza_Shaikh07 »

Such a detailed yet not an over-flowing review! Got me scheduling a good few couple of hours before bed for sure to dedicate to this interesting creation, congratulations to the author. Also might sneak out an hour or two in the day as would be possible at a stretch. The analogy of the "realistic Lord of The Rings" was just apt! The best thing which this review describes is the realistic narration of emotions, events, states of mind and being in the book, these are exactly those rare yet chord-striking elements which hook readers to a book. A period drama spanning aptly over some three years and the scheduled description of events, selection of portraying the important events only and less of stretched out narration are some of the pickup points of this book as conveyed by this review, thanks to the reviewer for just listing out just the required points and peculiarities of the book which deserve it a good read.
shaz1994
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading: The Honorable Knight
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaz1994.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Post by shaz1994 »

A historical fiction book, involving the English empire and the Scottish people, is a must read since I haven't learnt much on the topic, thank you for the review
Adeleye Dolapo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adeleye Dolapo »

An epic book indeed! I would have thought much of the comparison of the book with The lord of the ring, as it entails solving a problem that is conversant to the evil of the book.
Kashosi
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kashosi.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Kashosi »

The book's review kinder remind me of the series Reign where Mary runs to France to hide when her father is assassinated when she is six. I love the story it is wanting
mllamisaamadi
Currently Reading: The Rock Stars of Neuroscience
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by mllamisaamadi »

An honest review for "A kingdom's cost"a historical fiction genre of sort is a must read for those who love reading historical fiction.The author of the book a kingdom cost has done justice in his narration bringing imaginary story to reality,I will love to read this piece

Return to “Historical Fiction”