The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
melmo17
Currently Reading: Come Back to Me
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melmo17.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton

Post by melmo17 »

I have never read any of Kate Morton's books but this one sounds very interesting. WWII stories fascinate me and your review makes me want to read it next!
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

I've never read any books by Kate Morton, but this one definitely sounds interesting. I really enjoy reading historical fiction, even though I don't do it very often. I will need to look for this one the next time that I'm looking for something new.
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
ashnance
Currently Reading: The Secret History
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashnance.html

Post by ashnance »

This sounds like a fantastic read! Definitely adding it to my list.
ashleyjosnyder
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleyjosnyder.html

Post by ashleyjosnyder »

This is an author I have not heard of. Your review sounds that it was good tho! I love a good book recommendation! I will be checking into this one as well! Thanks!
Hannah Marie
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-marie.html

Post by Hannah Marie »

The Secret Keeper was my first Kate Morton read but I enjoyed it thoroughly and have recommended it to family who enjoyed it as well. The plot travels between characters and decades, and is driven forward by the promise of an uncovered secret. I gasped out loud at the ending. A satisfying turn of events for sure.
Phyllis9509
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Phyllis9509 »

I love Kate Morton and am so glad I found her. I have read: The Lake House, House of Riverton and Distant Hours and Forgotten Garden. Looking for The Secret Keeper. Her books are long, but I like that because when I'm reading a fantastic books I hate coming to the end, so with her books it takes a little longer to get there.
EllieAfter
Currently Reading: The Atomic City Girls
Bookshelf Size: 1140
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by EllieAfter »

I adore Kate Morton. The Forgotten Garden was the first book of hers that I read, and I have been a huge fan ever since. Like many of you, The Secret Keeper is probably my favorite book of hers.

Because we are on this subject of Kate Morton, I checked her webiste because I thought it might be time for another book from her to be released and - yipee! - I was right. It looks like The Clockmaker's Daughter is set to be released in the Australia, the UK and Ireland in September and in the U.S./Canada on October 9, 2018.
Kareka88
Favorite Book: A Ring of Endless Light
Currently Reading: The Rooster Bar
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareka88.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kareka88 »

I have enjoyed Kate Morton's books very much. I've read The Secret Keeper, The Forgotten Garden and The Lake House. All were excellent books. It looks like I'll need to get The House at Riverton. Has anyone read The Distant Hours? Is it as good as the rest?

I see she has a new book coming out in October, The Clockmaker's Daughter. It will be something to look forward to.
"Life is an occasion - rise to it." Mr. Magorian
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

Ealasaid wrote: 08 Apr 2015, 16:18 I finished The Secret Keeper a few weeks ago and was stunned by the ending. Perhaps I am slow, but I did not see that coming. :) The Forgotten Garden was the first book of Kate Morton that I ever picked up, and I have been hooked on her books ever since. I have a copy of The House at Riverton on hold at my local library and am not-so-patiently waiting for its return so I can gobble it up. I am also very proud that I got my mom addicted to this wonderful author as well. We enjoy doing that to each other.
After reading this and other comments I shall have to check out The Secret Keeper. The Forgotten Garden was my introduction to Kate Morton's writing and it remains my favorite of her books.
Britty01
Currently Reading:

Post by Britty01 »

Britty01 wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 08:28
Ealasaid wrote: 08 Apr 2015, 16:18 I finished The Secret Keeper a few weeks ago and was stunned by the ending. Perhaps I am slow, but I did not see that coming. :) The Forgotten Garden was the first book of Kate Morton that I ever picked up, and I have been hooked on her books ever since. I have a copy of The House at Riverton on hold at my local library and am not-so-patiently waiting for its return so I can gobble it up. I am also very proud that I got my mom addicted to this wonderful author as well. We enjoy doing that to each other.
After reading this and other comments I shall have to check out The Secret Keeper . The Forgotten Garden was my introduction to Kate Morton's writing and it remains my favorite of her books.
Britty01
Currently Reading:

Post by Britty01 »

EllieAfter wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 14:35 Because we are on this subject of Kate Morton, I checked her webiste because I thought it might be time for another book from her to be released and - yipee! - I was right. It looks like The Clockmaker's Daughter is set to be released in the Australia, the UK and Ireland in September and in the U.S./Canada on October 9, 2018.
I shall have to remember to look out for this.

Return to “Historical Fiction”