Review of Economy And Beliefs

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of Economy And Beliefs

Post by Aisha Yakub »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Economy And Beliefs" by Shadow.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Economy and Beliefs by Shadow is an insightful book about the evolution of man, economic principles, and the impact of religions on the economy.

Scientists have determined that environmental conditions also affect the DNA in embryos. Some of the information that is possessed is not gotten from parents. How do newborns have different skills from their parents most of the time? There may be some traits that are unique to one and are not brought to this life from the traits of the parents. This could come from something known as dark matter or dark energy surrounding us. These unique traits end up affecting our economy, as we get endowed with skills that could make people's standard of living better.

Without a doubt, this is a very insightful book. The amount of information contained in this book is enormous. What was more interesting was the way these things were explained. The chapter that explained "economy" did so in the most relatable manner. The author starts by using a family made up of only two individuals. These individuals have everything they need, so their economy is near-perfect. However, more individuals get added to this family, and the availability of resources reduce. Through this example, the author explains economic terms such as demand, supply, market volatility, monopoly, etc. This was my favorite chapter, as it was one of the most relatable explanations of economic terms. Every other chapter also had relatable explanations, but that chapter stood out for me. I liked that this book challenged my thought process. Information about concepts like dark matter was intellectually stimulating. While reading this book, I learned a lot.

I also enjoyed the chapters about inflation, communism, and capitalism. The author detailed the harms and benefits associated with different economies. I got a thorough analysis of the concept of inflation. As basic as the concept is, many people do not understand why inflation happens. I could easily see myself recommending this book to readers that need a great explanation on the topic. The most appealing thing to me about this book is the explanation style that was used.

At some point, the information in this book felt overwhelming. This was my only concern about this book. This book was perfectly edited, as I did not encounter any errors. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was a great read, as it explained a lot of principles in a relatable manner.

Some parts of this book seemed philosophical, as the author interrogated the religious belief of people. Because of this, I believe readers who like philosophy should enjoy reading this book. In addition, this book should appeal to lovers of economics.

Economy And Beliefs
View: on Bookshelves
Judy_Akha
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-akha.html
Latest Review: The Dragon Who Would Be King by Anne Peters

Post by Judy_Akha »

I love philosophy books, but I have never thought about the influence of religion on economics. Your review intrigued me. Thank you.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Judy_Akha wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 06:15 I love philosophy books, but I have never thought about the influence of religion on economics. Your review intrigued me. Thank you.
I'm glad it did. Thank you for the comment.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Not a fan of economics though but I can tell it's a great book
Interesting review
lawisimportant23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawisimportant23.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by lawisimportant23 »

Sounds like an interesting book from a philosophical perspective. Great review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I like the book's title and what the book itself is all about. I never have imagined the impacts the environment have on a baby's DNA. I look forward to read this book and learn greatly from it. Wonderful review welldone!!!

Return to “Historical Fiction”