Anti Racism Historical Books

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Musselman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Icon Anti Racism Historical Books

Post by Sarah Musselman »

In a time where "Anti Racism" has become a literary book topic on shelves.

What are some of your anti-racism historical possible fictionally told stories to non-fiction.

I didn't love parts of Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison however, I thought that was very eye opening for both Black and Indigenous populations plight for university schooling.

I've also gotten into books similar to The Circle Unbroken but thought it was slightly old world for current racism standings within America. Some others I got into aside from that are one of the many children stories to adult stories that try to uncover what truly happened to Henrietta Lacks.

This has formed further into some non fiction readings and pic ups by authors such as Juliet Hooker, Mikki Kendall, and Stacey Abrams.

I haven't quiet yet found a book like resonates with Indigenous life quite like, "The House on Mango Street" and the books to stem from that, but am always open to learning about more reads in that realm.

Happy and excited to hear some peoples potentials.
Ben Madeley
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

Not quite sure what is meant by this, so I'm not sure if I've read any anti-racism historical fiction books that have been written.

Return to “Historical Fiction”