Review of Special Force Kamikaze

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review of Special Force Kamikaze

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Special Force Kamikaze" by Thoughtfully Yours.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Special Force Kamikaze by Thoughtfully Yours is a self-help book. The 400-page book contains the themes of religion, humanity, power, and enlightenment.

The book takes a look into the life of an ordinary and everyday guy. He has a regular job and a typical family; his mother, wife, and daughter. His interest was on how to find the absolute truth. He believes the truth is universal and personal. Anything that is not true must be an illusion. So, he spends a few minutes each day training his mind to think less and seek the Self. He kept his mind on a single thought which was “I am.” Then one summer, our man becomes spiritually awakened. He could hear and speak mentally with the Devil and his cohorts. His life becomes a mixture of the physical and the unseen realms. His real spiritual being, the Special Force Kamikaze, is determined to rescue the souls of men trapped in purgatory by the Devil. With the Devil all set out to have him, can he resist the Devil’s temptation long enough to achieve this feat? Read this book to understand the man’s journey into pure consciousness and the unimaginable.

The language structure is not complex. Also, the author uses the concept of anonymity for his characters. The story was written from a third person’s point of view. Direct conversations between the main character and voices from the spirit realm were also included.

I love the author’s take on seeking the truth. For far too long, humanity has been asked not to question things but follow laid down dogmas. This book challenges that. The author questions fundamental beliefs of human existence. He spoke about how religion’s seven deadly sins have taught humans to fear the deceits of the Devil and many more.

He encourages readers to find out who they are, which is impressive. Spiritual realms control every thought that comes to a man’s heart before awakening. He recommends trying to sit for 30 seconds without thinking. It’s hardly possible; this indicates the thoughts come from an external force. The true awakened human nature of pure consciousness is what makes individuals God. He recommends looking into oneself if in the search for God. That I also agree with to some extent.

I disliked the fact that the book was repetitive. Even though I understand the author was striving for emphasis. Reading the same conversations and line of thought over and again is mentally strenuous. It made the book a long read. However, the author was able to complement the severe nature of the plot with good humor. The book was also well edited. I found only one error that didn’t hinder my reading experience. Therefore, I am rating the book 4 out of 4 stars.

Finally, I recommend the book to atheists. Some religious bodies might not agree with some of his teachings. To fully accept assimilate some of the author's teachings, one need to be open-minded.

Special Force Kamikaze
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

Challenging the status quo I see. Haha. Incredible review, though I don't think I'm ready to have such conversations just yet.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

30 seconds without thinking.
Let me think for a minute if I can do it or not.
Beautiful review. Story sounds interesting and becoming spiritually awakened seems to be like a whole new life with challenges of another world, so to say.

Return to “Historical Fiction”