Official Review: Brandy Ballad of a Pirate Princess

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Andrew Malenya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-malenya.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Re: Official Review: Brandy Ballad of a Pirate Princess

Post by Andrew Malenya »

Fate can be both kind and cruel. All the same the more reasons to never leave things to fate. This was a good review.
Patricia Akwei
Currently Reading: The strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Patricia Akwei »

I think am going to enjoy the book when I start reading it now that I have a clue about the book. Life is full of choices live it as you choose ,am looking forward to see what choice Brandy makes.
Ruqayyah Ali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ruqayyah Ali »

This is one interesting book ever. Love how all the details in the story line adds up to a beautiful ending.
Great job!
jessamaefactorsiares
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jessamaefactorsiares »

It's my first time reading a pirate genre. I'm not much of a fan of pirate novels, but the author' plot and writing style made me love this kind of genre.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

Am I the only one wondering why the reviewer referred to Brandy's father as 'The Plague'? Without reading the book, one may insinuate that Brandy is having a tough time living: with a hot-tempered mother and a captain for a father, it's close to certain how rough it must have been for her. Yet I can say for a fact that she was loved by both of them (from a parents standpoint that is)
Though, I won't say the hot-temperedness of her mother is something to be surprised about; After being sold into slavery at the age of 13, to make it worse also had to kill her master...tell me, who wouldn't be frustrated? On the other hand, her father is the Captain of the fleet, so a little rigidness is to be expected.
All in all, it sounds like a fascinating book. The reviewer did a splendid job with the review. The suspense at the end of the first paragraph is breathtaking, and I'm curious to see what life Brandy, the daughter of pirates, would choose.
Okoye Chinonso+
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

buttercake20+ wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 08:36 I love this review very much. This would be the first book I'd encounter on pirates. I like that Brandy is left with a choice rather than a must-be-fulfilled directive. And seeing that there can be lessons to learn makes it all the more interesting.
Exactly what I thought too. It isn't as obvious as in most books or movies where because she's a princess she has to do as told or already has a predetermined destiny.
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

Very detailed review. Outlines the plot well enough and gives the likes and dislikes of the reviewer clearly. Really gives one the urge to read the book themselves. Kudos!!!
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

A very comprehensive review I must say, this book explains the twist of fate that occurs in one's life, here referring to the red witch's heir. how our pasts should not predominantly control our choices, and how love always supersedes hate. thanks for the review.
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Destiny Freedom »

My favourite character in this book is Brandy as her choices will determine her future. A lot of lessons can be learnt from this book as issues of parenting, choices, etc were appropriately used in its theme. Great review.
Many books can inform you but there's only one that can transform you(The Holy Bible). Pls don't forget to drop a comment for this review. Thanks. :D :tiphat:
Etini Willie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etini-willie.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Etini Willie »

I have heard so much about the book. And this beautiful review adds to the urge to read the book. Definitely going into my to read list
Judy46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

I have a soft spot for books on adventure and this seems like one. I'll definitely read this. Interesting review.
Judy46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

I've always enjoyed tales of pirates and seas, their adventures and all. What an interesting review, I'm definitely reading this next.
Hue-Morningstar
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hue-morningstar.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hue-Morningstar »

I appreciate to know that the pirates are not fluent in English. Am passionate on learning to speak and communicate in English fluently. Therefore, it will not be a good book for me to read. Nice review!
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

Thank you for the review. I would also rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, nothing less. I love pirates stories and on top of that this book seems to have it all, action, mystery, romance and adventure.
WriteOn
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writeon.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by WriteOn »

I thought your review was very entertaining and comprehensive. You made the book seem exciting to read.
I'm pleased to know you adjusted to the language of Pirates. Perhaps there's a gap in the market for a Pirate dictionary or translation app.

Return to “Historical Fiction”