Official Review: Teribus by Edwin Lindquist

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Teribus by Edwin Lindquist

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Teribus" by Edwin Lindquist.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Teribus by Edwin Lindquist is the story of people who would go to different lengths to protect their country and their organization.

When it comes to information gathering, sensitivity is required. The information gathered by intelligence agencies is used to perform evaluations and make decisions, and as such, the information must be as relevant as possible. In this book, the conflict between the Soviet Union and the USA continues; both sides are getting scared. There's a lot of propaganda feeding them false information, and they feel the fate of the world lies in the hands of a few — the people in power. People are beginning to make drastic decisions to help them live through the uncertainties. Meanwhile, the RCMP capitalizes on one such person's curiosity and fear to get more information to aid its cause.

The RCMP is successful for a while. However, with many players behind the scenes, the members soon discover that the situation is bigger than them. They also find out that the network of spies and double agents is more complicated than it seems.

This book captured my imagination right from the start. The beginning created suspense and made me want to keep reading to find the answer to the mysterious event that happened. Another thing that kept my attention was the switch between different characters' perspectives. There wasn't a central character per se; I had to follow the events happening with the various characters and watch as they were interwoven with each other. These factors motivated me to keep reading the book till the end.

The author's writing style also endeared me to the narrative. It was written with wit and humor, and it wasn't oversimplified but wasn't complicated either. It was an exciting read, and I found the events that unfolded in the book quite fascinating.

This book focused on the political atmosphere at a particular period in American history. So much of the information in the book was passed through dialogue between the characters. Without any background or interest in American politics, most of the discussions might go right over the reader's head. Even with my little knowledge of politics, I found them a tad challenging to follow. I had to turn to the internet a few times to fill in my knowledge gaps, especially the part that had to do with Cuba's position in the Cold War. Regardless, I found the narrative intriguing, educating, and eye-opening.

My biggest problem with this book was the poor editing. The grammar quality of this book was below par; it contained so many errors. I could not overlook this issue, as it negatively affected my reading experience. Therefore, I'd rate the book 3 out of 4 stars, and I'd recommend it to anybody who would want to read interesting, thrilling historical fiction. Good knowledge of American political history would be an advantage but shouldn't be a requirement.

Teribus
View: on Bookshelves
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

I love books that have comic features. They are always a relief and fun to read. I hope I find this one interesting too.

Return to “Historical Fiction”