Official Review: Love and Sabotage by Martha Tolles

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MininaGoldmoon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Love and Sabotage by Martha Tolles

Post by MininaGoldmoon »

Love and Sabotage is a story that really give importance of the history but still in every history that passes by theres a love story behind of it so this urge me to read the book and gives me an interest to pursue to read more.. so congratulation to the author Martha Tolles. Im will rate this 4 out of 4 stars..
Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Modern Death
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Juliana_Isabella »

This sounds like a great read for lovers of historical fiction and mystery. Nice review!
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Love and sabotage takes us back where men are superior and women are inferior. Where men are dominat and recognised. Life was really hard back then especially for women. I can imagine being a working class yet humiliated and criticised just because you're a woman.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Gigui23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Gigui23 »

This historical thriller gives us a throwback time of how women were treated or sabotaged during the era of the WWII. Love and sabotage... this urges me to read that book. And the way Marty is described as strong, passionate and willing person despite this difficult period I can’t resist reading this book.Thanks for the review ...
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

To be a woman in a man's world and having to try to be accepted into it is no small feat. Trying to do that all while being true to yourself is not an easy journey. Marty sounds like a formidable woman and I am very interested in reading her story. Thanks for the great review!
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

If I had not read the review, I would have judged from the title that this was some sort of Modern day romance thriller. Marty's character is very relatable and reliable. It would be interesting to see how she represents the first crop of working women.
Radhika_puri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-puri.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Radhika_puri »

I liked the way you described the book. I surely want to read this book because of the first working girl struggle. I want to know what she went through during that time to have a job. The other themes of the book also seem interesting. Your review is a helpful one.
Kymoy Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Kymoy Samuel »

This sample spoke to me about the desire for acceptance in a man's world. It reflects the battles belonging to a woman of that time and gives a peek into the toiling she did to fit into a male dominated occupation; still having to prove that she was worthy enough to retain her place though more than rightfully earned. The question of whether a boss's attention to a female subordinate masks ulterior motives is a sad reality not just for women of that period but also today. Decades after this time period, women of the 21st century are still battling to declare themselves capable and worthy to occupy male dominated positions, while dodging exploitation and being told we're not enough. It is a battle long fought and hopefully will be won someday. Marty's drive and determination is an inspiration to read beyond the sample to discover if she won her battles by the book's end.
Onyenwani 123
Currently Reading: Damaged Goods
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyenwani-123.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Post by Onyenwani 123 »

BOOK TITLE: love and sabotage
AUTHOR: Martha Tolls
PAGES: 115
PUBLISHED DO ATE: 2 January,2019.
ASIN:B07MHQXKJT

In Martha Tolls publication, there is a clear picture and a reflection of the worth of a woman.

Martha is a young graduate before World War 2. But on the contrary, the writer seldomly portray the challenging times before I and after the World War 2, rather an emphasizing on love also which have little emphasis on this context

The writer has actually done well as well. I will rate the book 3 stars. Best luck
Misty20058
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misty20058.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Misty20058 »

This is a very intriguing review that makes me want to buy this book. I am desperate to come along on Marys Journey with her and find out more about this incredible time. Well done on your review it certainly hooked me;).
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

A historical fiction that brings the reader closer to the WWII period of time sounds intriguing. Mystery, romance, female equality - all wrapped up in this admirable book. Thank you for the wonderful recommendation!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Wordlessly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordlessly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wordlessly »

I think the themes portrayed and the struggle Marty goes through is still relevant and relatable. Your review covered all the bases and I was able to get a good idea of the book. Thank you for the review!
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

A book about early women who were working set during the world war and at that time men were preferred and dominated. There were challenges faced by the women at that time whether to entertain advances by the male for fear of losing your job. I see this is a women empowerment type of read. Would love to read this book.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Crossroads by Andrew Slac
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I always find it refreshing to read about relateable characters. This #BOTD is definitely applicable towards the struggle of women in the workforce and, while equality has been achieved, society viewpoint.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Sydney Nyamasoka
Currently Reading: The 1000 most important questions you will ever ask yourself
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-nyamasoka.html
Latest Review: The Harder I Fall, The Higher I Bounce by Max James

Post by Sydney Nyamasoka »

Interesting narrative. I appreciate the overcoming of hardships by a female character. Inspiring.
Search for, and find, real meaning in life and live purposefully.

Return to “Historical Fiction”