Official Review: Playing Chess with God

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Necherem_Gift
Currently Reading: The Juicy Fruit Man
Bookshelf Size: 4

Re: Official Review: Playing Chess with God

Post by Necherem_Gift »

That was a nice review there! thumps up to your dedication and enthusiasm. Guess I'll find it interesting.
meme1234
Currently Reading: Black Soul Eater
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by meme1234 »

I also think that this books was amazing at portraying the characters and the historical events in such detail. I really liked how it had so many biblical themes and symbols. Truly a master piece in terms of writing.
VIKAS singh dohare

Post by VIKAS singh dohare »

I certainly agree with Henning's views on capitalism I'm not particularly interested in this setting, but your review is so good I might be try this. Thanks
kaif r shaikh

Post by kaif r shaikh »

I agree with Henning's views on capitalism . I'm not interested in this setting, but your review is so good I can try this.
Taxlala_arsh
Currently Reading: Playing Chess with God

Post by Taxlala_arsh »

I really accept all those observations which were shared in the book playing chess with God .In this book the Almighty power wins over everything.
rutpawar

Post by rutpawar »

Yes, playing chess with god is like the historical friction. if anyone love to read historical books they have to try this book.
bankeetech

Post by bankeetech »

Depression keeps becoming one of the devils hampering on our mental serenity. I was once a victim of it. Great review.
Nachiket Shende
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nachiket-shende.html
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt

Post by Nachiket Shende »

I am having hard time managing my time, and this review is causing me more trouble as I can't resist myself from reading this book. Review is really nice. Thank you for letting know the overview.
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt
Auring73
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Auring73 »

hello everyone` I must say with that kind of review. I must make playing chess with GOD my first book of this year.
a girl76

Post by a girl76 »

:D I certainly agree with Henning's views on capitalism
Rachelhan284

Post by Rachelhan284 »

This is an amazing book with lots of suspense and Drama and I have not even finished it but from the blurb at the back I know that I do not have to read the end though because of the expectations this book has rose to I have no other choice than to find out what had happened in the end.
dacoro28

Post by dacoro28 »

to those who really like novel! this one is right for you! it is very realistic event.lthanks for this one! i love it! thumbs up!
Sophy Chunge
Currently Reading: The Touch
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-centfie.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by Sophy Chunge »

I think I would also not enjoy it if there is no relevant villain to oppose the protagonist. Who is a relevant antagonist, though? But I also like authors who go beyond what is expected and write a unique book. So your review has made me consider adding this book to my "to-read" bookshelf.
“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” Stephen King
thotagamuwage

Post by thotagamuwage »

I think the author of this book has written this book in a very timely manner to suit this time. So I think this book is a very valuable book to read.
Wilsonyul1

Post by Wilsonyul1 »

The way the author put fictional characters into a non fictional time period such as the Gold rush was a great aspect to the book.

Return to “Historical Fiction”