Official Review: You Never Die by Author I.S. Petteice

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Official Review: You Never Die by Author I.S. Petteice

Post by Bluebird03 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "You Never Die" by Author I.S. Petteice.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In You Never Die Petteice shares that she had her first brush with the paranormal by the age of five. Her granddad spoke to spirits, and her father was psychic. However, her mom tried to encourage her to abandon these paranormal experiences. To Petteice, seeing and speaking to spirits just seemed like the norm.

At the age of 77, Petteice draws upon her vast history of diverse run-ins with the paranormal. These occasions include astral projection, automatic writing, the ghosts who appeared regularly (at night and always at 11:00), and her experience with the Ouija Board. The author also offers her thoughts on topics such as Heaven, Hell, reincarnation, and spirit guides.

I liked the organized format that the author used to present her information. At 182 pages, this book is divided into 22 chapters. Each chapter addresses a specific topic ranging from Atheism to psychic experiences. Readers will immediately see that Petteice has done her research. She does not just toss information out to readers and move on to the next topic. Instead, she gives several examples to explain her assertions. As a bonus, she includes a plethora of additional resources that readers can utilize.

In describing Hell, Petteice quotes from The Bible (Mark 9:46). There Jesus states “Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched”. I was fascinated by her follow-up on this biblical reference to Hell’s fire and the worms (or creatures of the ocean). These giant tube worms, Riftia, measure up to eight feet in length and are found in actual cracks of the ocean’s floor where fire leaks out. Petteice concludes this chapter by stating “Regardless of where you believe the physical location of Hell is, it is much more important for you to constantly keep in mind that there is a need to avoid going there".

This book was so enjoyable to read that I easily completed it in a single day. Also, I could not find anything to dislike about Petteice’s work. While I did discover a few errors, I found less than ten. Considering all of these points, I am happy to award You Never Die by I. S. Petteice 4 out of 4 stars.

Since Petteice quotes from The Bible throughout her book, readers who are sensitive to the subject of Christianity may wish to avoid this read. Conversely, this book will appeal to Christians and other readers seeking answers to religious and spiritual questions. Those who have seen ghosts, conversed with spirits, and had psychic experiences will find a sympathetic friend in Petteice. Also, the lack of coarse language or other explicit details renders this book appropriate for many readers. I highly recommend this informative and engaging book. Readers will appreciate Pettiece’s sense of humor and be inspired by her life as an intuitive.

You Never Die
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Bluebird03's review? Post a comment saying so!
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

Petteice experiences with paranormal is something I would like to read. I've read one of Allison DuBois (I think that is how her last name is spelled) books, as well as quite a few of Sylvia Browne's books and enjoyed them all. I look forward to reading Petteice book. Thanks for the review! :-)
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

I'm not really interested in such supernatural topics. You have also mentioned that readers who are sensitive to religious topics and Christianity should avoid it. So I think I'm skipping it. But regardless of this very good review, thanks!
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

That is a long history of family with special abilities! This sounds like a great read. Thanks for the wonderful review!
Biancam88
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Biancam88 »

This sounds like interesting book to read since I’m more interested in the things of the spirit .
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Apparently the author and I have a different view of Christianity and what it says about paranormal happenings. It's not a subject I really enjoy reading about anyway, so I'll skip this book. I'm glad that you found some enjoyment from it, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Radiant3 »

This seems live a very interesting book that can provide a unique glimpse into the paranormal world. Your review is very thorough.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

It's interesting that she began experiencing these events from such a young age. Your review does a good job of describing her beliefs. Thanks.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Chrystal Oaks wrote: 29 May 2019, 02:43 Petteice experiences with paranormal is something I would like to read. I've read one of Allison DuBois (I think that is how her last name is spelled) books, as well as quite a few of Sylvia Browne's books and enjoyed them all. I look forward to reading Petteice book. Thanks for the review! :-)
Based on the books you listed as having read, I think you will enjoy this one also. Thank you so much, Crystal, for reading my review and for commenting! :)
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

ivana7 wrote: 29 May 2019, 04:52 I'm not really interested in such supernatural topics. You have also mentioned that readers who are sensitive to religious topics and Christianity should avoid it. So I think I'm skipping it. But regardless of this very good review, thanks!
I certainly understand your thoughts. The author does also spend a lot of time discussing The Bible's view of the supernatural and addresses her strong belief in God. So that might be a saving grace for you with this read. Thank you so much for reading my review, ivana, and for your very thoughtful comments.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 29 May 2019, 07:39 That is a long history of family with special abilities! This sounds like a great read. Thanks for the wonderful review!
I found the recounting of her abilities to be fascinating. And the special paranormal relationship between the author and her father (they could visit each other mentally) was interesting. Thank you so much, Stephanie, for reading my review and for your kind comments!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Biancam88 wrote: 29 May 2019, 08:41 This sounds like interesting book to read since I’m more interested in the things of the spirit .
In that case, I think that you will find this book fascinating! Thank you so much for reading my review and for your comments.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

kandscreeley wrote: 29 May 2019, 09:28 Apparently the author and I have a different view of Christianity and what it says about paranormal happenings. It's not a subject I really enjoy reading about anyway, so I'll skip this book. I'm glad that you found some enjoyment from it, though.
I can certainly understand your thoughts on this book. As always, I appreciate you reading my reviews and adding your thoughtful comments, kandscreeley!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Radiant3 wrote: 29 May 2019, 14:54 This seems live a very interesting book that can provide a unique glimpse into the paranormal world. Your review is very thorough.
Yes, the author's paranormal experiences and thoughts on the topic were very interesting. Thank you for your comments!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

kdstrack wrote: 29 May 2019, 15:12 It's interesting that she began experiencing these events from such a young age. Your review does a good job of describing her beliefs. Thanks.
I was amazed at all she saw and experienced at such a young age. Thank you so much, kdstrack, for reading my reviews. I always appreciate your thoughtful comments.

Return to “Historical Fiction”