Official Review: Lil Mo Goes to Preschool by Lisa Malloon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Re: Official Review: Lil Mo Goes to Preschool by Lisa Malloon

Post by Bianka Walter »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 00:50 This sounds a very interesting book. I like different color scheme for each page with vivid illustrations. Great review.
Thanks, Sarah! It was fun :)
Thanks for commenting!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

Miriam Molina wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 17:05 The first day of preschool is usually pandemonium: kids wailing, parents stressed out, and teachers ready to tear their hair out. This might be a good book to read to the kids way before the first day. Then, hopefully, "D Day" will be terrific, instead of terrible.

Thanks for the enjoyable review, Bianka!
Oh my goodness, you're so right. Although, I think the parents end up crying more than the kids :lol2:
Thanks, Miriam - I always appreciate your comments.
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

gen_g wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 23:15 I definitely agree with your point about 10.05 being slightly late for school; also, it's amazing that you could noticed that! It'll definitely be a great book for children. Thanks for the review, I enjoyed reading it as always!
I know. I would have loved for school to have started at that time. Actually, I would have loved for it not to have started at all! :lol2:
Thanks gen, I appreciate your comments :)
- Dr. Seuss
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

Kajori50 wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 07:04 This seems like a fun and educational read for children. I wish I glad to wake up at 10:05 a.m., when I had school.

Thank you for the detailed review, Bianka.
I wish that too! School would have been so much more tolerable!
Thanks so much for stopping by, Kajori :)
- Dr. Seuss
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

You've got a great eye! It's amazing how you've spotted that minute clock detail. Clocks' hands in stores are normally set to 10:10, which would have been fine; although there are some schools where kids start their half-day classes in the afternoon, 10:05 is not so usual indeed. I think I would've loved a book like this when I was a child. Thank you for your engaging and insightful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

It sounds like a really useful little book. Good call on the clock problem. Great review.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

Espie wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 22:27 You've got a great eye! It's amazing how you've spotted that minute clock detail. Clocks' hands in stores are normally set to 10:10, which would have been fine; although there are some schools where kids start their half-day classes in the afternoon, 10:05 is not so usual indeed. I think I would've loved a book like this when I was a child. Thank you for your engaging and insightful review.
Thanks Espie!
I read somewhere that they make the clocks 10:10 because they look like they’re smiling. Who knows if that’s true or not but it sounds cool 🙂
- Dr. Seuss
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

Helen_Combe wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 15:40 It sounds like a really useful little book. Good call on the clock problem. Great review.
Thanks, Helen!
Wishing you luck on the job front! Holding thumbs 🙂
- Dr. Seuss
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Oh, this sounds like a gem of a book. Beautifully simple and well executed. You are observant to have caught the the clock anomaly. Good eye. Thanks for another really interesting review!
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Lisa A Rayburn
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I love the idea of different color schemes for each page. As children this age are also learning their colors, that's just one more plus! My grandson is already in grade school, but I wish I'd had this book a couple of years ago! Wonderful review of what sounds like a wonderful book!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

This sounds adorable! It’s so important for kids to be able to imaginatively walk through big changes like this first. I also like that the book features a black child; it’s important all children get books where they see themselves in the lead. Agree with your assessment of the 10:05 time. I don’t know any preschoolers willing to sleep that late even without going to school.
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

BelleReadsNietzsche wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 18:40 This sounds adorable! It’s so important for kids to be able to imaginatively walk through big changes like this first. I also like that the book features a black child; it’s important all children get books where they see themselves in the lead. Agree with your assessment of the 10:05 time. I don’t know any preschoolers willing to sleep that late even without going to school.
Absolutely, what was even better was the other children in the class. They were all colours and sizes too :)
I was one of the VERY rare kids that liked my sleep. My mom could never get me out of bed. So this school would be peeeerfect for me!
Thanks for commenting!
- Dr. Seuss

Return to “Children's Books”