Official Review: Snow Flower and the Panther

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Official Review: Snow Flower and the Panther

Post by JessNWheeler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Snow Flower and the Panther" by Fleurie Leclercq.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Remi asked Snow Flower if she had heard it. She had heard it. It could have been a big snake, or a hyena, or even a lion. The two decided to walk a little faster. Author Fleurie Leclercq tells the story of an adventurous young girl in her work of children’s fiction titled Snow Flower and The Panther.

Snow Flower lives in the forest in Central Africa with her loving grandmother. Snow Flower and her friend, Remi walk to the river to fill their water jugs one lovely day when they find a baby panther caught in a trap. The two friends work together to save the panther, and Snow Flower discovers an amazing secret in the process.

This story is fun and entertaining with interesting, relatable characters. Children ages five to eight would enjoy listening to an adult as they read this story to them. This interesting tale will keep young readers’ attention through to the end. This book creates a fun way to teach children about acceptance, kindness, and the importance of family.

This book is skillfully written, organized, and edited. The story is told with simple and understandable language. The author’s expert use of descriptive language creates a pleasurable reading experience. Furthermore, the author’s clever use of context clues is sure to enrich her young readers’ vocabulary. This bright and colorful book is sure to teach children about teamwork, kindness, and friendship. There is not one grammar error to be found. The story comfortably flows from one scene to the next, and it is sure to inspire young imaginations.

Illustrations are a vital part of any children’s book. The illustrations in this book breathe life into the story. Each picture is beautifully colored and very well executed. Each character's illustration gives them a bright and engaging personality. This book includes several coloring pages giving readers the opportunity to use their own creativity.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book is beautifully illustrated. The pictures will engage and delight young readers. This is a well-written story with a purpose. The themes and lessons of teamwork and the importance of family are clear and presented in an understandable way. Reading this exciting fable to or with children will help parents and teachers start conversations about culture, kindness, and helping others. Furthermore, this is a fun and entertaining story that the entire family can enjoy together.

Snow Flower and the Panther
View: on Bookshelves

Like JessNWheeler's review? Post a comment saying so!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

I like that the book teaches kids to be kind to animals. I like the storyline to it. Thank you for the review!
:tiphat:
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

This children's book sounds both educational and entertaining. I love the fact that children will not only learn about the importance of family and moral values, but also about other cultures. Thanks for a lovely review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Poor baby panther! I wonder what the secret is? This one sounds quite cute and wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I am curious about this secret. Sounds like a cute story for children. Thanks for your review.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I think we need more good books for children about children of different cultures. This sounds like it fits the bill.
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

Thank you for a wonderful review. I like children's books that have important life lessons depicted through beautiful images.
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

Sounds quite charming! More impressive is that it seems like a good all-rounder: well presented, great illustrations and beautifully edited. Thanks for reviewing it for us.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I'm so excited to read this attractive story based in Central Africa! The cover is really appealing. I wonder how Snow's family will react to her coming home with a baby panther and I can't wait to discover the secret too! Thanks for the beautiful review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

i have an eight year old nephew and i am sure he will relate to this book and most likely learn a thing or two. That was a nice detailed review
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick
Chibae jos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Chibae jos »

The book is educational and intresting for children to read..and also it is teaching children important of a family
katrinat
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by katrinat »

I'll enjoy doing fun family things with my children this book is a good book for my children to learn how to treat their animals in a kind nice way
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

This sounds like a really well written and well illustrated story that my niece and nephew would love.
Great review!

Return to “Children's Books”