Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bright19
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Bright19 »

It's a great book for kids because it not only about the superhero thing but also about morals. I would say good job R.D.Base & Debbie Hefke.
Katerina Katapodi
Favorite Author: Rin Chupeco
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3829

Post by Katerina Katapodi »

''Tony the Superhero'', a pleasant and interesing book at the same time, for both children and adults why not!..
I admire author who has written this original book somehow, to teach our children to read when they are already adults also..The way that Toni describes this child has even more to teach children than like reading..
Describing Toni as a child like all others, like eating sleeping, playing football or swimming, can contribute to forming mentality of children, to treat others like themselves, thus reducing potentially bad competition and developping feeling of equality in society among people, help others realize that people are equal among the each one with his/her own personality and mental capacities, thus a first step to loving each other and not ''scorn them as being inferior to us'', no one is inferior to anybody, since brain of all people are structured in the same way for everybody, and each one has to offer to other from his/her uniqueness, and produce his/her own thoughts.. Toni may have Superpower but this is not pointed out, may be not even visible, he may just use it for special cases..By all means everyone has his/her own personal value and talent, Toni might be a bit more charismatic, but this does not make him better than all others..this is the success of writer. I give 3 Stars to author for his effort, but I finally give 4 Stars due successful format that book was written by him..
RAMPAGE
Currently Reading: The Candle Room
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by RAMPAGE »

Title: Toni the superhero. Author's Name: R.D.Base. Genre: children. Toni is a young superhero but the book doesn't focus on his special powers, instead the character does everyday regular chores & activties. I.e, Toni reads, cleans the house, help his mother wash dishes, eats sleep & so on which everyone does. What would really attract the kids is the special abilities & I think the superhero is the best choice for the character. For the coverpage it appears that Toni is a superhero with the costume he is on. Good job to Debbie Hefke. The story is based on him participating in human activities but can be seen flying. The story is perfect for children who just starting to read. And again I think the kids would feel as if a superhero is just like them & seeing the charact do the samething, they do at home would as least encourage them . So the book earns 4 out of 4 stars
willsgrand

Post by willsgrand »

Good review there! Thats a cool piece for every child out there
fashola owolabi 2002

Post by fashola owolabi 2002 »

This is the kind of book that children needs 2 read & emulate Toni's behavior.
favor_
Currently Reading: I'll Point to Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by favor_ »

It is a good superhero theme and my little brother will love a book like this. Thanks for the review.
out86
Favorite Book: Mark of the Remaker
Currently Reading: Misadventures with the boss
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by out86 »

I will like to be toni to learn more of reading the author toni the superhero is good i like that review thanks
James Felix

Post by James Felix »

Nice One! I Believe All Curious Kids Will Love "Toni The Superhero" To Be Their Role Model.
Ejisco55
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ejisco55 »

I really like the book it's make sense,and understandable good for my kid,the author really do a good job
ILouie
Currently Reading:

Post by ILouie »

:tiphat: tony is a role model I would want him to be friends with my kids he’s a good influence for other kids .
dojspecial82

Post by dojspecial82 »

It is a good review and I love the character in the books. it reveals that you can be talented with great skills and at the same time be humble enough to do your parents bidding
khandzz09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khandzz09.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by khandzz09 »

Great insights of this book. This is an interesting story because even though it is about a superhero, it emphasizes how people with powers do things just like ordinary people. Superheroes are not only about their physical strength or save the world for goodness sake, it is also about doing things that they love and what to do. Good illustration catches attention on the children. Thanks for the review.
sirso4

Post by sirso4 »

Great evaluation ! I also liked how it showed Toni the "superhero" doing every time, healthy things that all children should do.
10rose

Post by 10rose »

A very good book for every child who love their parents and the society. It creates new Superheroes for the society.
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

Sounds like a fun story with great lessons for young readers. My kids are way past those days, but wish I had more books like this when they were young.

Return to “Children's Books”