Official Review: Walk Shepherdess, Walk by Barrett Cobb

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sekhmet September
Favorite Author: Tanith Lee
Currently Reading: Stranded In The Wild
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sekhmet-september.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
fav_author_id: 10199

Re: Official Review: Walk Shepherdess, Walk by Barrett Cobb

Post by Sekhmet September »

It certainly has an old world or antique quality to it. Like something, one might bring to a campfire. The author also mentions ad-libbing one's own story as well, inviting the reader to 'read between the lines' quite literally. I certainly like it.
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
Hebrews 11 1 NIV
kath13_sake
Currently Reading: A Wrinkle in Time
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kath13-sake.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by kath13_sake »

This book is fun and enjoyable to read. The colors are vibrant which makes it appealing to kids.
Saibe Robin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Saibe Robin »

I like the cover . it looks like there is something interesting inside.. And when I read and open it I was amazed and told to myself that this book will teach many children a rhyme song.. Thanks to the author..i will give 4 star
Saibe Robin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Saibe Robin »

The cover of WALK SHEPERDESS ,WALK BY Robett Cobb looks interesting. when you look in it , it seems like there is somethings very interesting..and when I found out of what's inside, it meets my expectation. It is nice for the children.. I will give 4 stars..
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Wow, this is a multi-talented author. Sounds like a really full experience to get to know the book and the music. Thanks for the great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
LindaPerry1860
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindaperry1860.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by LindaPerry1860 »

Wow! What an incredible review. Clearly the reviewer is excited about this book and it’s genius combination with music! I love that the reviewer took the time to expound on the musical accompaniment! Well done indeed!
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Five Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Sumbule1 »

I like the cover page of the book.This concept is the one that has made the book to be outstanding. By availing the music on her website, it has made everyone with children to happily want to read the book.
read+er
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read-er.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by read+er »

I would be curious to see all the pictures and hear the song that is described in this book. Having worked with children and having had my own, the song and story together would be good to read to them. The reviewer did a good job of describing the book.
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

The sample provided for this book doesn't give you much of a look into the book but it sounds pretty nice for kids from the review and synopsis
Lana Shea
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lana-shea.html
Latest Review: The End-Time Foretellers by Ran Weber

Post by Lana Shea »

This is a wonderful premise for a children’s book! So glad I picked it up for my little ones. I think it’s awesome to include a website where the kids can also listen to the song. Thanks for the review!
chiadeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiadeer.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by chiadeer »

This sounds like such a lovely book. It's funny, I was just reading a bit from a book today Goat Song by Brad Kessler and in it he often talks about his long walks into the woods with the goats and about goat/animal herding around the world.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

I would never have expected such a deep and layered experience from children's book either, until I read your review and found out just how much there is to the text, illustration, even the music - and how they work together. I think I would have gone online to check out the songs too, for the immersive experience. Thank you for your thoughts!
Annie_Pea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annie-pea.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Annie_Pea »

Children books have always been interesting to me. I have ever read to my kids when they were coming of age, and this book could be one I think they would have enjoyed. From reading the review, it has included the website as a referral for the sing-a-long part. I will be looking to getting a copy for my grand. Thanks for the review.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

Thank you for the review. This book sounds like a unique experience for children when it comes to substance around a shepherdess and a folk song. It is a shame it will not count on my reading due to the audience to which it is directed.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

This sounds very complex for a children's book. I would worry that there being no pictures would cause them to have less interest and the very extent of detail you describe may well work against her as well in keeping children engaged. This sound more like a book for parents to use to learn music with their child. A very comprehensive review. Thanks!
Books are my self-medication. 8)

Return to “Children's Books”