Official Review: Walk Shepherdess, Walk by Barrett Cobb

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Re: Official Review: Walk Shepherdess, Walk by Barrett Cobb

Post by revna01 »

It certainly sounds like the author went above and beyond in creating a truly unique reading experience for children. Following a shepherdess with her animals is a fun idea. The story also includes amazing watercolor illustrations and the author's singing and musical capabilities. Hidden themes are especially rewarding in this style of book. Great review.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I like your review and I am glad that you went into depth with explaining what this book was about. At first, I thought that this book would be about God or Christianity based on the title. I was surprised to realize that it was a children's book and that it was based on a song. I also like that you can hear the song and follow along with the book to make the reader more engaged especially if you have a wiggly five year old.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
redheadmargo
Favorite Book: Waterworks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redheadmargo.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by redheadmargo »

The reviewers' description of this book is a great read in and of itself. The detail in which she describes both the printed words and the music that accompanies it is filled with pictures for your mind. Though not a child, I would love to read this book and listen to the music just for the peace that I feel it would bring.
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Lying Lainey
Bookshelf Size: 653
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

Talk about a well-detailed review! You definitely covered quite a bit concerning this book and I'm sure that you have encouraged many to pick this story up. I like that the author goes into detail as to why she chose so many different aspects to utilize concerning this book. I think that it will be a helpful aspect as to why many choose to pick this book up. While my daughter is a bit older I think that she will still enjoy checking out this story.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

It is impressive how comprehensive the book is. The three errors that you mentioned seemed rather minor to me, and I am glad that you rated the book 4 out of 4 stars.
The-happy-reader-7
Currently Reading: Mirror Mirror
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-happy-reader-7.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by The-happy-reader-7 »

I admire the fact that the author provides auditory aids to use alongside this book. This, coupled with the pictures will appeal to the readers' senses. This book sounds like the ideal tool for parents and children to spend quality time reading together!
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Great review! The book sounds like it touches on the beauty of nature, art, and music along with stories and deeper meanings to the songs. It is an added bonus to be able to listen to the music of her songs on the author's website.
randompersonavility
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randompersonavility.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by randompersonavility »

This looks like a wonderful book! I am very much intrigued by the poetry and nursery songs includes in this book. I'm sure children will love this book, specifically because of the beautiful illustrations.
bigscarythingy
Currently Reading: Best Evidence
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigscarythingy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by bigscarythingy »

What an intriguing book. As soon as I read the sample, I was reminded of the beautiful old books passed onto me by my grandmother when I was a child. I love books that initiate the reader into a fully realized world of their own, and this certainly looks like one of those. Beautiful. Great review.
"Go back to your books, and your armchair. Plant your trees, watch them grow. If more people valued home above gold, this world would be a merrier place."
Dawud Adaviruku
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawud-adaviruku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Dawud Adaviruku »

Wow! This sounds like a really comprehensive children's book. I will surely get it for my 7 year old nephew. She will definitely love it I guess. Great review.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Verna Coy »

This is an excellent review of what seems to be an excellent book! It is wonderful to see an author that puts so much thought into a well-rounded experience for children. Art, music, and writing altogether! A book well worth reading, thanks for the great review.
damarisr413
Currently Reading: Magical house for sale
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by damarisr413 »

I love this review of the book. It is very well written and descriptive. I think I missed the "free sample" excerpt of the book, I only saw the title pages and the acknowledgment pages. I was looking forward to reviewing the sample because it looked something my seven year-old would enjoy.

After reading the offical review, I am definitely going to purchase the book for my son.
Bombey Marjorie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bombey-marjorie.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Bombey Marjorie »

i got lost in your review thinking i was reading the book already. Being a lover of folk tales, i don't even need to have kids to read this book. i like that it not only amuses and entertains but it is educative as well. amazing again, is the fact that one can actually listen to the wonderful songs you described. thanks again for the amazing review
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this is an interesting book for children which combines a picture story and a song. Well done.
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

Walk Shepherdess, Walk by Barrett Cobb is a children book. All the children book I read was just awesome. I loved them. This one also seems so interesting. I think writers should start writing some short stories in a children book. Congo on BOTD.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Children's Books”