Featured Official Review: Sigfried's Smelly Socks!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Official Review: Sigfried's Smelly Socks!

Post by MsDree »

Thanks for your great review. I will check this book out and see if it's fun, I'll recommend to my sister as my nephew's reading material.
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
aajumbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aajumbo.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by aajumbo »

This is an epic children read about sigfried's encounter with gross smells it is an awesome for children read and development
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Aant
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aant »

It's a fun way to start, some kids love a little humor when they're just beginning to read, but needs an adult supervision they tend to enjoy reading more.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

Some of the grossness definitely put me off the book, but it’s got a good message in the end. Thanks for writing a review!
ibaleem

Post by ibaleem »

Very cute book, and the illustrations were magnificent. It was entertaining for me as an adult, I think it would be even more so for a kid. It would really appeal to the free spirit in kids that allows them to find humor in gross or yucky things like farts sounds for example lol. The end of the story was very comedic and fitting... he washed the smelly socks in a toilet! 😂
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

If only my kids will laugh and be happy after reading this book , I will be grateful. I will order it shortly. Thanks Len Foley.
Kingsway
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsway.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kingsway »

What a nice narration,it would keep mischievous kids on their seats wanting to flip more pages just for the fun of it as they learn without their knowledge. Number of pages too are favourable for the age it's meant for. I like it.
COMFORTMHEY
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by COMFORTMHEY »

So hilarious,,
Not only children can read it even adult,parents can also read it most especially mothers..i mean mummy in the house
I like this!
Just to find out what stinks and turning it
into a child little adventure... Fun
Thanks for your great review!
A lonely flower spouted from a tiny seed it'd work its way through cement and concrete but managed to grow and finally succeed
dvllyqueen001
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by dvllyqueen001 »

Sigfried's Smelly Socks by Len Foley
My little sisters liked it...they just kept staring at my moving mouth..quite funny 😂
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

Wow. A good one to encourage the children to read and give parents something to laugh about with their children
brenda1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda1992.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by brenda1992 »

Its not so much as laugh out loud but its fun reading it with kids and having them know of different kinds of gross stuff and telling you what else they think is gross
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

This book is a lively take on a common day-to-day happening in the life of a teenager. It is a part of growing up that teens adjust to the world, populated by grown-ups, by teens like them, or by even much younger kids. The humor here is culled from everyday life experiences which everyone could relate to. There is ample supply of pictures to refresh our eyes. Thanks for this nice review. It is not far-fetched for me to enjoy this as I also browse comic strips once in a while.
Jemmy5555

Post by Jemmy5555 »

Sigfried's Smelly Socks is a book written by Len Foley, it is a written and pictured book wrote for children ranging from between three to seven years. It is a funny and short story of about 26pages with many illustrations of how a young boy was trying to find out the cause of too much smell in his book.

In this book the author named Len Forley is a very good writter and a very good artwork was done in the book, from the beginning to the end, all the characters are well drawn, though in a funny manner, bright colors, cleared images and good illustrations.

I like everything about the book, but what I like most was the funny characters
Njambix
Currently Reading: Island Games: Mystery of the Four Quadrants
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Njambix »

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley is a hilarious children book that is graphic (some would consider it to be gross) and precise. The colours used in the book are vibrant and appealing to any child. This is not the usual children's book that will use polite language to convey the intended message. The graphic illustrations accentuate the written text, for example, there is a photo of the yellow stain the author's dog peed on page 8. Len Foley uses a lot of personalised imagery to bring the book to life. I can imagine that a child will actually see or smell the pool of yellow pee. I would not be surprised if the reader starts to investigate if his or her socks are smelly or the pizza he has just eaten was rotten.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! is a book that I would recommend to any child who is above 4 years and especially so to a child who is struggling to clean up his or her room! I rate the book at 4 out of 4 stars.
ebriana1112

Post by ebriana1112 »

This book is full of gross but funny and unique. Most of all the ending is good.

Return to “Children's Books”