Buzzy and Thomas Move Into The President’s House

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Buzzy and Thomas Move Into The President’s House

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Buzzy and Thomas Move Into The President’s House by Vicki Tashman

Story-Line Buzzy And Thomas Move Into The President's House:

In Buzzy and Thomas Move Into The President's House, author Vicki Tashman, created an excellent story and teaching tool for young children. Buzzy, a beautiful female dog, lives a wonderful live in the country. Her master, Thomas Jefferson, newly elected President of the United States, is moving to the Presidents house. Buzzy is not sure about leaving her beloved country life and all her friends.

Come and follow Buzzy has she comes to terms with the move. My children's fiction novel review of Buzzy and Thomas Move Into The President's House follows.

Characters, Plotting, Development:

What a wonderful teaching story for children. In Buzzy And Thomas Move Into The President's House, not only will the child learn history, but also how to handle a move. Moving is always traumatic for a child; Buzzy gives the child a different view of moving. Reading this story several times before the move, will give a reference to remind the child of Buzzy's experience. The child need not be in the progress of moving to enjoy this story. Geared for young children from ages 4-8, the pictures will hold the young child's interest and the story is interesting. The story's well-developed with a variety of interesting characters.

In concluding my children's fiction novel review of Buzzy And Thomas Move Into The President's House, I found a solidly written story which will hold the child's attention. A wonderful teaching tool, the story's well constructed with well-thought out characters. With the length at 42 pages, the child will not become bored. For younger children, the story does need not to be read in one sitting. Buzzy and Thomas Move Into The President's House would be a wonderful bed time story. I would not hesitate to buy this book for a child.

Buzzy and Thomas Move Into The President's House Recommendation: Stars 4

Finally, please note:

Additionally, I received an ARC for this book from Reading Alley and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest children's fiction novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary children's fiction novel review.
RosesReviews
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by RosesReviews »

Moving is a traumatic subject for many children. I know just the one time the subject was raised in our house, when I was a child, it brought tears to all. The book sounds like it would be a nice gift, especially to a child anticipating a move to a new area. Finding a way to weave history into a story in such a way that it engages the young reader, is a wonderful gift. Thank you for sharing your review of "Buzzy and Thomas Move Into The President's House by Vicki Tashman.

Return to “Children's Books”