The Magician's Dream By LeAnn Mathis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The Magician's Dream By LeAnn Mathis

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE THE MAGICIAN'S DREAM:

Author LeAnn Mathis creation, The Magician's Dream, is an intriguing children's fantasy novel. Franklin lives during the turbulent 60's and dreams of a magic world at night. In his dream world, his dream friend Maggie and he are training for battle using magic. In life, Franklin a black child of the sixties, meets the real Maggie the first day at his new school. Maggie, white and from racial ideologies of the 60's home, dreams the same dreams as Franklin.

Franklin suddenly realizes his two worlds have collided. How is that possible? Is his and Maggie's dream world real? Can they save the world, their dreams, and improve their way of life?

Children's will love this story of good and evil, magic and the normal world. My children's fiction novel review of The Magician's Dream follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Firstly, let me say, I found the premise of the story intriguing and original. Secondly, Mathis, created a story-line which will hold the interest of child or adult. Seen from the eyes of a child, the racial issues of the sixties take a front row seat. As a result, we find the lessons of patience and tolerance taught by the author.

The plot and pacing of the story was on target with the length of the book. Also, Mathis, brought together the plot lines and formed a teaching story for the child or adult. All children love the possibility of magic and hidden worlds, as well as, having talents unknown by others. What child does not dream of changing the world and being a hero? The character's grew throughout the story as they come to understand the world is not perfect. Patience and time are required for change, rather than forced by magic.

Finally, in concluding my review of The Magician's Dream, I found a well written, solid story which will appeal to older children.

THE MAGICIAN'S DREAM RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

In addition, I would hesitate to buy this book for a child.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest c children's novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary children's novel review.

-- 06 Jan 2017, 10:22 --

Children's Novel
STORY-LINE THE MAGICIAN'S DREAM:

Author LeAnn Mathis creation, The Magician's Dream, is an intriguing children's fantasy novel. Franklin lives during the turbulent 60's and dreams of a magic world at night. In his dream world, his dream friend Maggie and he are training for battle using magic. In life, Franklin a black child of the sixties, meets the real Maggie the first day at his new school. Maggie, white and from racial ideologies of the 60's home, dreams the same dreams as Franklin.

Franklin suddenly realizes his two worlds have collided. How is that possible? Is his and Maggie's dream world real? Can they save the world, their dreams, and improve their way of life?

Children's will love this story of good and evil, magic and the normal world. My children's fiction novel review of The Magician's Dream follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Firstly, let me say, I found the premise of the story intriguing and original. Secondly, Mathis, created a story-line which will hold the interest of child or adult. Seen from the eyes of a child, the racial issues of the sixties take a front row seat. As a result, we find the lessons of patience and tolerance taught by the author.

The plot and pacing of the story was on target with the length of the book. Also, Mathis, brought together the plot lines and formed a teaching story for the child or adult. All children love the possibility of magic and hidden worlds, as well as, having talents unknown by others. What child does not dream of changing the world and being a hero? The character's grew throughout the story as they come to understand the world is not perfect. Patience and time are required for change, rather than forced by magic.

Finally, in concluding my review of The Magician's Dream, I found a well written, solid story which will appeal to older children.

THE MAGICIAN'S DREAM RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

In addition, I would not hesitate to buy this book for a child.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest c children's novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary children's novel review.
RosesReviews
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by RosesReviews »

Thank you for reviewing "The Magician's Dream". The idea of a book taking the turbulent history of the 60's and mixing it with magic ,the potential of being a superhero, and the idealism of the young to solve the world's problems,could be an interesting topic with many opportunities for lessons. This sounds like a book that should be previewed by a parent. This book could and should lead to many interesting conversations within the family unit.

Return to “Children's Books”