What was your favorite bedtime story?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bronsone
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bronsone.html

Re: What was your favorite bedtime story?

Post by Bronsone »

My mother used to read CS Lewis' The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to me at bedtime. It was truly my favorite time I can remember spending with her. Lucy, especially became a character with whom I strongly identified. Her curiosity and zeal leap off the page.
K_Kaori
Currently Reading: The Saltwater Ghost
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-kaori.html

Post by K_Kaori »

I remember I had a book filled with stories of Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty etc. I even had a book with Bible stories which had these great pictorial illustrations which made me so intrigued as a child to learn more about B.C. era.
Boyko Ovcharov
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Boyko Ovcharov
Favorite Book: The Proximity of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1416
fav_author_id: 33385

Post by Boyko Ovcharov »

Cinderella & Beauty and the Beast.
Katie[scarlette]18

Post by Katie[scarlette]18 »

The Velveteen Rabit was my all time favorite books when I was little! I even had the little rabit stuffed animal that I would snuggle with when my mom or grandmother would read out loud to me. I even did a reading of it during forensics competitions. I can't wait to read it to my nieces!
Lulu_Bear1243
Favorite Book: Frankenstein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lulu-bear1243.html
Reading Device: B002Y27P3M

Post by Lulu_Bear1243 »

Go, Dog. Go! was definitely among my favorites! I liked reading it by myself, but it was the best when my aunt read it to me and my older brother.
Jacque33
Currently Reading: Intrusion
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacque33.html
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Jacque33 »

Oddly enough, I was rarely read to before bed, so all I have to go on is my own son's favorites. Right now he loves anything Scooby Doo, but really enjoys "Good Knight, Sleep Tight" and "The Kiss that Missed" by David Melling. Mo Willem is popular with him right now, starring Piggie and Gerald the elephant. I find them a little difficult to read aloud though, similar to my husband's favorite stories of Frog and Dog. I'm willing to read those to him because, let's face it, who can resist hearing that delightful laugh at the end of the day?
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Kjdominque
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjdominque.html

Post by Kjdominque »

It may be cliche but my favourite bedtime story was Little Red Riding Hood. I always felt sorry for the poor wolf though. He was just doing what came naturally to him and he got murdered for it. Poor thing. Whereas if that little brat Red hadn't wandered off the path in the first place then the wolf wouldn't have eaten her grandmother and then he would still be alive today.
catfranie
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by catfranie »

my favorite bedtime story of all time is Home for a Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown.
ChelseaD
Currently Reading: Hunting Ground
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsead.html

Post by ChelseaD »

Mine was definitely Jesse Bear What Will You Wear by Nancy White Carlstrom <3 <3
Izabella

Post by Izabella »

I read The Gruffalo to my two kids loads as a bedtime story. It's probably not the most appropriate story to tell just before they sleep, but they do enjoy it! The Gruffalo's child is another one that we all enjoy!
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

I never had a story time book. My Father would sit next to my bed and tell me one of his own stories. There were always animals in the jungle and the Lion was the ruler, and the Fox was always causing trouble. Every night the story would change, but the characters remained the same.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

My favorite bedtime story was Hansel and Gretel. My sister used to read it for me every day and I was always amused by it and never got bored :D
cora_reads
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cora-reads.html

Post by cora_reads »

The best bed time story was definitely anything with skippyjon Jones! He is great!
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

I loved when my mom would read The Three Little Bears. I would just watch her face as she would make the different voices for each of the bears and goldilocks. I don't remember what the book looked like, but I do remember how she would read the story with so much enthusiasm.
Jlow

Post by Jlow »

The night before Christmas.

Return to “Children's Books”