Junie B. Jones series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
caity_cat_23
Currently Reading: Timebound
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caity-cat-23.html
Latest Review: "ABC Poems" by Helena Gershenzon and Galina Likhovetsky

Junie B. Jones series

Post by caity_cat_23 »

The Junie B. Jones series is great for kids who are just starting to get into chapter books. I introduced my little cousin to them and she loves them! She is now checking a new one out from the library every week. I read them all the time when I was little and I'm excited to see that the next generation is still reading them. Junie B Jones is hilarious and takes everything literally. What did you think the first time you heard the saying "I'll be a monkey's uncle!"?

These precious stories are delightful and there's almost now downside to them. In fact, the only one I can think of is the main character's horrendous grammar but she is in kindergarten/ first grade and I think this why so many children love her. 4 out of 5 stars to this series!
Latest Review: "ABC Poems" by Helena Gershenzon and Galina Likhovetsky
kreichler2012
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kreichler2012 »

I loved these books growing up as well! I remember being so proud of myself for finishing a WHOLE chapter book. Junie has such silly things happen in her life and reading her stories is always so funny. I find her books to be a great beginner book for new readers. It is even a great book to read along with a child so you can enjoy together!
CoffeyAndBooks
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coffeyandbooks.html

Post by CoffeyAndBooks »

My son started reading this series last year while he was in first grade and loved it. I assumed it was more of a "girlie" series, but after having him read one of the stories to me I realized that it was not that at all! This is definitely a fun read for children just starting chapter books and the reading level is very accurate. I would recommend this series to young readers and their parents!
Cj-reader4life

Post by Cj-reader4life »

My daughter started reading these in first grade. Now that she has read them all, she has moved on to different books. I would say that this series has really helped her develop a love of reading. Great books that are perfect to start with young readers.
Wiseone2980
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wiseone2980.html

Post by Wiseone2980 »

I'd love to get my daughter (6) into them, but someone once told me that she is kind of bratty in the books - has anyone gotten that vibe? I don't really want to perpetuate that kind of behavior in my child...
Dorothy +

Post by Dorothy + »

I use to read these books as well I can't wait til my son gets to read them it's funny and I enjoyed reading them.
Arvizualexia

Post by Arvizualexia »

I personally have read all of the Junie b. Jones book's and I have loved all of them I would definitely recommend this book series to any young kids who are starting to learn how to read but would like to read small chapter books. I recommend this for grades 1st through 4th.
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

Oh my God! I had forgotten about Junie B. Jones!! I read these books as a child and LOVED them. I remember always hoping my school's library had bought new ones.
Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

Both of my daughters were huge fans of this series. I believe that we read some of them as homeschool lessons, but for the most part they read them alone. I can't say that I have read them, but I know that they are a great series of books for young girls that are learning to read chapter books.
Jacena14
Currently Reading:

Post by Jacena14 »

Huge fan of these series back in the good old days! I had forgotten about them! I would definitely recommend these books to any child out there. Perfect for kids.

Return to “Children's Books”