Review of The Magical Adventures of Lori and Bonnie B. Bunny

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Review of The Magical Adventures of Lori and Bonnie B. Bunny

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Magical Adventures of Lori and Bonnie B. Bunny" by Elaine Blackstien.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In her favorite picture of a road cutting through the trees outside her bedroom, 5-year-old Lori would occasionally pause and wonder how long the road is and where it leads to. Lori is a fascinating young girl who loves adventures. One night, she slept off the bed and found herself with her pet rabbit, Bonnie B. Bunny, in the driveway leading to her favorite painting.

Unexpectedly, Bonnie B. Bunny became animated and started responding to Lori as they touched down in the fantasy world depicted in the painting. The pair encountered several species of animals on their exciting adventure, but their favorite was the unicorn that helped save Bonnie B. Bunny from plummeting from the clouds.

The Magical Adventures of Lori and Bonnie B. Bunny by Elaine Blackstien is a tale with a magical plot that develops naturally. Illustrations in the book are beautiful and colourful. The book is exceptionally well-narrated and captivating. I was in complete bliss as I imagined myself feeling the rainbow droplets and the chirping birdies. It was a thrilling read.

The novel’s characters were exceptionally well-developed. My favorite part of the novel was when Lori had a daughter who was also captivated by the same painting as she was as a youngster, and she subsequently retold her daughter about the misadventures of her youth. I especially adored Lexi’s attachment to and love for Bonnie B. Bunny, who she still cherished despite being old and exhausted.

There were no aspects of the book that I disliked. Despite being short and having only six chapters, the book imparts valuable lessons and encourages them to spend time with their kids. Lori felt lonely and found companionship in the Bunny, since her parents were either at work or occupied with house chores.

I rate the book four out of four stars. There were no errors, and the book was properly edited. The plot’s premise was intriguing and well-developed. I recommend this book to children aged between 7 and 10 years. It will stimulate their imagination, inspire creativity and help develop their vocabulary.

The Magical Adventures of Lori and Bonnie B. Bunny
View: on Bookshelves
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Sk_Mamun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sk_Mamun »

Beautiful illustrations add to the text's richness and improve the narrative flow. would be a lovely present that many children will likely come to love.
Mae Marzan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mae Marzan »

This is a charming book for young readers . Also great book to read to your children or grandchildren.The magical story unfolds naturally and the illustrations add to it. I would highly recommend it.
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

This is an adventurous book for imaginative kids. I like the storyline.
Nice review.
Zeph Dim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeph-dim.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Zeph Dim »

Kids love using their imagination. So in their story
books anything is possible. Trees talk, animals talk , stones dance etc. They would definitely find the storyline captivating.
Zeph Dim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeph-dim.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Zeph Dim »

Children love to use their imagination. That is why in their story books anything is possible. Trees talk, animals talk, stones dance etc. They would find the storyline captivating.

Return to “Children's Books”