Review of Maia Loves Gaia

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Review of Maia Loves Gaia

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Maia Loves Gaia" by Emma Forsberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Maia, who had just turned eleven, had a weird dream where a gnome told her it was time. Time for what? While still trying to figure out the gnome's message, she had a second dream where she found herself in the company of some beautiful fairies. And in another, an elderly lady was calling out to her for help.

In school, Maia and her friends, Tamsin and Astrid, started a project where they'd get to hang with the elderly in a nursing home, so they were assigned to a woman named Rose. But it seemed like Rose was already expecting them, especially Maia. Rose gifts Maia a magical necklace and tells her to return four crystals to some locations on Earth, but she'd have to trust her heart to guide her to the right places. Who is Rose, and is she to be trusted? Most importantly, what awaits Maia and her friends on this quest? Let the children find out by reading Maia Loves Gaia by Emma Forsberg.

I enjoyed reading this children's book. It is like a fantasy novel for kids, and I am sure children will love the supernatural happenings in the story. Adorned with gnomes, fairies, angels, and even a cat that seems to know everything, this story will captivate children and keep them turning the book's pages to find out how the story ends. Also, the characterization is praiseworthy, and I love that children would be able to relate to the characters in the book. The characters have distinctive traits that make them lifelike, and most of their conversations appear natural. Children would easily empathize with them and learn many positive values from their actions.

What I enjoyed most about this book, though, was its message. Through the story, the author clearly intends to teach children about the need to care for our environment. We all need to take responsibility for caring for Mother Earth and desist from polluting our environment. Additionally, I like that the author uses some new words, terminologies, and idiomatic expressions that would improve the vocabulary of children who read the book.

Honestly, I felt some events were overly improbable. However, I don't think children would mind, considering I can still remember how my imagination used to run wild when I was a kid. Hence, I'd still say that I didn't dislike anything about the book. It is also exceptionally edited, as I didn't find a single error throughout the publication. The descriptions of events are also vivid and easy to visualize. Therefore, I gladly rate Maia Loves Gaia four out of four stars. I highly recommend it to children between the ages of nine and twelve. I also advise parents and guardians to encourage their children and wards to ask for the meanings of the strange words in the book as they read.

Maia Loves Gaia
View: on Bookshelves
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This definitely sounds like an intriguing children's book. I also liked the fact that the author encourages taking care of our planet. Children need to be taught that at a young age. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

This book looks adventurous especially where Mia was given a magical necklace by Rose. I believe this book would be loved by kids.
Great review.
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

Thank you for your review; the storyline is mysterious and fantastic and will surely attract many young readers (and adults). The mysterious Rose was already waiting for Maia in the nursing home. Luckily Maia has a group of friends by her side to help her in her new mission. I am sure this story will do well on the big screen as well.
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

Kids love adventurous books as they like to fantasize about many things.
I like the message that the author passed across.
Nice review.
havillah108
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-havillah108.html
Latest Review: Living in Color by Mike Murphy

Post by havillah108 »

I'm curious what awaits Maia and her companions on their quest to return four crystals to various locations on Earth. I also appreciate the author's message in the book about the importance of environmental stewardship, which makes it not only a fantasy novel but also a helpful, inspiring read for children. This book appears to be appealing not only to children but also to adults.
WriteOn
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writeon.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by WriteOn »

Honestly, I felt some events were overly improbable. However, I don't think children would mind, considering I can still remember how my imagination used to run wild when I was a kid
That's a great point. It's lovely that the book works with the limitless possibilities of a child's imagination.
Thank you for describing the charm and educative elements of this story. It's a thorough, well expressed review. Thank you Saint Bruno.
SirK_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirk.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by SirK_ »

Going by this review, kids would definitely love this book. It clearly depicts the adventure waiting in the pages of the book. Excellent review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Oh, there would always be a well-informed cat and it's adorable :D I believe it's a wonderful book for kids as it teaches them so many valuable and important things. Thank you for a great review!
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

Prisallen wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 07:43 This definitely sounds like an intriguing children's book. I also liked the fact that the author encourages taking care of our planet. Children need to be taught that at a young age. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Thank you for finding time to read and comment on my review. The book is indeed an intriguing children's title.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

Mrs D O wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 14:47
Honestly, I felt some events were overly improbable. However, I don't think children would mind, considering I can still remember how my imagination used to run wild when I was a kid
That's a great point. It's lovely that the book works with the limitless possibilities of a child's imagination.
Thank you for describing the charm and educative elements of this story. It's a thorough, well expressed review. Thank you Saint Bruno.
I think the author did a great job of capturing a child's wild imaginations. Thanks a lot for the kind words.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

ExcellenceAwuzie wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 00:59 This book looks adventurous especially where Mia was given a magical necklace by Rose. I believe this book would be loved by kids.
Great review.
Thanks a lot for stopping by.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

Summer Henrietta wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 05:49 Kids love adventurous books as they like to fantasize about many things.
I like the message that the author passed across.
Nice review.
I appreciate the kind words. The author's message is both relevant and commendable!
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

havillah108 wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 07:57 I'm curious what awaits Maia and her companions on their quest to return four crystals to various locations on Earth. I also appreciate the author's message in the book about the importance of environmental stewardship, which makes it not only a fantasy novel but also a helpful, inspiring read for children. This book appears to be appealing not only to children but also to adults.
I agree with you, as I enjoyed reading book too. Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by.
queen anirah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queen-anirah.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by queen anirah »

This book is an adventure based piece and would be splendid for children as it would broaden their horizons.

Return to “Children's Books”