Review of The Virtuepops

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Review of The Virtuepops

Post by Ceeco2002 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Virtuepops" by Frances Angelina.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The value and significance of virtues have continued to wane in today's modern society. The high level of indecency and immorality in today's world is a significant problem that must be addressed immediately. Frances Angelina's book, The Virtuepops, aims to restore those long-forgotten but treasured virtues.

On a snowy day, Michael and his younger brother, Walker, pay a visit to their grandmother. When they get tired of playing in the snow and making snowmen, they change their clothes and sit down with their Uncle Steveo to watch a good and entertaining TV show. While Uncle Steveo searches for a cartoon that is free of bad language and violence but contains educational content that teaches the virtuous things in life, they come across "Virtuepops Adventures in Virtueland," a show which represents various important virtues with distinct characters. For instance, Believing B represents the virtue of faith; Sharing Stephen represents the virtue of charity; Persevering Philip represents the virtue of perseverance; Loving Lucy represents the virtue of love, and so on. Michael, Walker, Uncle Steveo, and Grandma are so excited and inspired by the TV show that they begin to practice each of the virtues mentioned.

There was truly so much to love about The Virtuepops. Frances Angelina described the Virtuepop characters in such a vivid and colorful manner that the reader's imagination is aroused, enabling them to conjure up lovely images as they read. I really appreciated the simple, sweet, pleasant, and kind word choices used in the book. Also, the author included different illustrations for her many Virtuepop characters, in black and white, so that children can color them. Frances Angelina's book serves as a guiding tool for young ones to practice decent, moral, and virtuous living in a fun way. She uses engaging poems, games, and songs to teach youngsters about vital qualities like honesty, faith, love, patience, and respect.

I could not find a single thing to dislike about this book. I only discovered a few errors, which proves that it was professionally edited. I greatly enjoyed reading The Virtuepops, as I, myself, was able to practice and pick up some good values and virtues while reading.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars because it was completely wonderful and delightful to read. I recommend it to children of all ages who would like to learn and develop important virtues, as they will find the tips, lessons, and messages contained in this book to be life-changing.

The Virtuepops
View: on Bookshelves
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

This seems like an interesting children's book that teaches a whole lot of virtues like love, respect, perseverance, faith and patience. I'd say it's a must-have for everyone, as these virtues are important in all aspects of life and for all age grades.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

The value and significance of virtues have continued to wane in today's modern society. A book that reminds us of this modern conundrum is quite timely. Would definitely love to read this book. Great review.

Return to “Children's Books”