Review of Doctoroo and the Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Review of Doctoroo and the Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Doctoroo and the Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians" by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Doctoroo and the Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner is a children's book full of fun, adventure, and learning experiences. The story follows a gang of animal characters in the medical field who travel to Hawaii to solve the mystery of why the island pigs are turning red and itchy. Together, the kangaroo, koala, frog, and llama explore the island and try to get to the bottom of this mysterious disease. 

This is such a cute story. The book is full of vibrant, detailed pictures of the animal friends and their adventures. It is both a travel story and a lesson on health. My favorite part of this book is that it teaches children about their bodies and health while still being fun. It helps that it is set in Hawaii and also exposes readers to that atmosphere and culture.

It's hard to find a negative aspect of this book. It is rather short but still long enough to accomplish a fully developed and resolved story. It also seems an appropriate length for young children to appreciate. If I had to pick a least favorite part, it would be that the kangaroo character is portrayed as being a doctor by magic and not by chosen career path. But this didn't really take away from the story overall. 

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was thoroughly edited. I didn't find any errors at all. The illustrations were lovely, and the story was both cute and informative. 

I would recommend this book to any young children, especially those who need to learn more about medicine and health. This would be a great teaching tool. I don't think there are any children I would not recommend this book to. Even if it is a lesson they've already learned, it's still a sweet story told in the magical place of Hawaii. 

Doctoroo and the Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

The book cover is funny. The book teaches children about health which is very important.
Prosper2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prosper2000.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Prosper2000 »

A children's book full of fun, adventure, and learning experiences. Great review.
jomana_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jomana-3.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by jomana_3 »

This book looks fun and beneficial. I am about to start reading it. Great review.
readingswithsoso
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingswithsoso.html
Latest Review: The Prophecy of the Heron by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by readingswithsoso »

If I had to pick a least favorite part, it would be that the kangaroo character is portrayed as being a doctor by magic and not by chosen career path.
I didn't read it that way but it's a very interesting take. Well noticed.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

I am not a fan of animals or books about them but the concept of dermatology in medicine captivates me. As a medical practitioner, I am very interested already to read the book. Thanks to the reviewer also for an intruiging and simple review. Congratulations on winning BOTD.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

Seems to be such a fun series. Having the animals work together to find out about the disease is really a great concept. Creating an interest in travel and a different culture is an additional plus.
Abid khan 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abid-khan-12.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo and the Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Abid khan 12 »

[amazon=][/amazon]The book was a fun read, a little too much on the magic side and not sure how that relates to being a doctor unless of course - a which doctor but it’s Fun and adventurous. I also don’t think I’m ready many children’s books about animal in Hawaii- you would think there would be more seeing as it’s so tropical.
None the less, lovely story/
One piece
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-one-piece.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by One piece »

The vividness and liveliness of the animals portrayed in this book are bound to enchant numerous children.Great review 👍
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

A short story full of fun, adventure, and learning experiences is ideal for teaching children. I was captivated by the cover page immediately after I sighted it. Congratulations to the author on BOTD.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 80291
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 786%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Book 📚 of the day BOTD is children's genre doctoroo and his team answer a call for a round the world they jetted to Hawaii were trio dancing 🐖 pig suffer mysterious sickness which could be poisonous volcano gass or banana 🕷️ bite or some sort of allergies.. lucky the Dr. Found the cause of their ailment and advocated on the need of wearing sunscreen.. the book has beautiful illustration it was well written and reviewed I will recommend it 💯✅
Timothy Rucinski
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Nutmeg of Consolation
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 24%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

Congratulations to author Dr. Wellner and illustrator Ms. Dringova for creating a vibrantly colored, well-written teaching tool for our little ones. May they capture an appreciative and enthusiastic readership!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

Health is so important in everybody's life that the sooner a child starts learning about it the better. A book that offers information about health and medicine a child can understand while having fun is very useful and educational. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

Well done for this interesting review. An illustrated children's book with a story for children to learn about health and wellness.
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY RACHEL B WELLNER THAT TELLS THE STORY OF A GANG OF ANIMAL CHARACTER IN THE MEDICAL FIELD, WHO TRAVEL TO HAWAII TO SOLVE A HEALTH PROBLEM RELATED TO PIGS.
A BOOK FOR YOUNG CHILDREN WHO NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MEDICINE AND HEALTH. .GOOD REVIEW

Return to “Children's Books”