Review of Kids Can Change The World

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Kids Can Change The World

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kids Can Change The World" by Ben Goldstein.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tracey, Thoreau, Dee Jay, Einstein, Skateboard, and Zoom are in for some investigative work. Garbage is littered all over the beach, threatening marine life. As the kids follow up, there are a few suspects: Boss Mackan, Derek, Baldy, and Mohawk, among others. Someone is being paid to dump in the ocean, and there must be a reason!

Meanwhile, Tracey, Thoreau, Dee Jay, Einstein, Skateboard, and Zoom win a contest and are taken for a tour of Tsavo National Park in Nairobi, Kenya. Tsavo National Park is thrilling, and the kids can’t wait to view the lions, leopards, and elephants. However, there’s a hiccup in Tsavo. Discover what happens by reading more!

Thoreau made the tale even more irresistible. He was the youngest in the group and experienced nightmares about a monster in garbage form charging after him. Furthermore, he was skeptical about creeping out in the middle of the night. His nature made him wary of any slight sound or thing. I enjoyed that.

I cherished the diversity of the story, more so the characters. Zoom is African American, while Einstein is Asian American. Moreover, there are different dialects included that will encourage kids to learn new languages.

The Tsavo National Park escapade was the most thrilling of all. The kids encounter a no-nonsense elephant named Bertha, who deals with some poachers mercilessly. The elephant was done observing her kind being ripped off of their precious tusks by greedy and malicious poachers.

Boss Mackan was gluttonous, and money was the sole thing he was after, even if he got it at the expense of the people and marine life around him. He was willing to use substandard materials to cut down on costs. Despite being kids, Tracey, Thoreau, Dee Jay, Einstein, Skateboard, and Zoom were willing to risk their lives to get to the core of the garbage dumping illegalities.

I rate Kids Can Change The World by Ben Goldstein 4 out of 4 stars. I detected nothing to dislike. Therefore, the book is professionally edited. I recommend it to children interested in novellas advocating for environmental awareness and detective work.

Kids Can Change The World
View: on Bookshelves
Akrista Davy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Akrista Davy »

Recommend for Children's and persons who loves adventure
Last edited by Akrista Davy on 20 Mar 2023, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Indeed children can change the world. They are energetic and pure at heart. They want good and happiness for all. Great review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Phoebe Felix
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phoebe-felix.html
Latest Review: Dark Agendas of Power by Kevin Glenn

Post by Phoebe Felix »

This book reminds me when I used to play detective when I was a kid. My partner was my younger cousin who had a knack for suspecting that things aren't as it appeared. This book will really be nostalgic for me.
Stivin Njenga

Post by Stivin Njenga »

The book reminds me of my childhood good old times
ViviVivid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

An interesting story to teach kids the importance of environmental cleanliness. Encouraging kids to keep marine life safe by not dumping waste and minimizing wastage can make the Earth beautiful. The title is perfectly apt!
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Francis Kapola »

People are greatly influenced by their environment. And it is crucial for demonstrating to children how they may contribute to influencing the world as a whole.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Francis Kapola »

Phoebe Felix wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 03:21 This book reminds me when I used to play detective when I was a kid. My partner was my younger cousin who had a knack for suspecting that things aren't as it appeared. This book will really be nostalgic for me.
Good memories are frequently of activities we did as kids.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting children's book highlighting adventure, action, suspense, mystery, young detectives, unique characterization, and life lessons. The book is temporarily free on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD selection.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I truly believe the future is in the hands of our kids. They indeed can change the world, and if from a very young age they learn about the environment and how to deal responsibly with it, it can only be applauded.
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

Certainly! The reviewer's exceptional work truly resonated with me, and I plan to include this review in my collection. The reviewer's excellent job has impressed me, prompting me to place this review on my bookshelf.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I like one of the messages of the book, which is preserving the environment. Tracey and her friends seem to teach children to protect Mother Nature. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Raphael Wanjohi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raphael-wanjohi.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Raphael Wanjohi »

Well, I liked the review. However, could you allow me to point out that it is the elephant's kid, not kind. Plus the book sounds good to children considering the fictional characters come to the park in Kenya where I am. What a magical world? And I imagine how magical it would be for kids or "kinds" hu! hu!
Belbachir

Post by Belbachir »

The book follows a group of diverse kids as they set out to save the world from pollution, climate change, and illegal wildlife trafficking. The characters are lovable and relatable, and their adventures are filled with action and suspense. What’s truly inspiring about this book is how it teaches children that they too have the power to make a positive impact on the world. It shows that kids can be agents of change, and that they can make a difference no matter how young they are. Overall, “The Adventures of the World Patrol Kids” is an important and fun book for children that instills values of environmentalism and social justice. The story is engaging and the message is powerful, making it a must-read for parents and children alike
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: What Makes You Feel Better That Starts With The Letter by Sienna L. Ambrose

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Very interesting storyline that could impact kids and help ignite the detective capacity in them. I believe this book will be ideal for children 6 to 12 years of age. By the way love the character Zoom.

Return to “Children's Books”