Review of Strange Super Powers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Strange Super Powers

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Strange Super Powers" by Nikkia Daniels.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strange Super Powers by Nikkia Daniels is a book that’ll bring smiles to kids’ faces. Three children, Kiani, Kareem, and Kellen, just experienced a life-changing tragedy. One evening, their parents go out for dinner but never return. A concerned party, Ms. Harrison, has been observing them for quite some time and decides to do the unimaginable. She welcomed them to her house to live together.

The trio kids have to adapt to a new environment. Ms. Harrison is kind, concerned, and wants what is best for them. One night, the children realize they have superpowers. What are their powers? Better still, will they utilize the superpowers to good use, or will they start ruining people’s property and doing other heinous acts?

It is not every day you come across a heart like Ms. Harrison’s. She takes in kids and treasures them like her own. That’s what I loved most. Additionally, there is a worldwide pandemic. Thankfully, the infection rate begins decreasing. Ms. Harrison takes the children out for outdoor activities: swimming, playing basketball, etc. She wants them to keep fit.

While keeping fit physically, Ms. Harrison does not forget mental exercises. Daily, she gives each child a math problem to tackle. Kiani, Kareem, and Kellen have to balance their life, despite the pandemic.

When the kids discover their superpowers, they can’t wait to try them out. They’re elated so much so that they sneak out in the middle of the night when Ms. Harrison is asleep. They encounter three bullies with not-so-good manners who also have powers. They all get themselves into a bone-chilling affair.

I did find some errors, albeit few. In this manner, we have a professionally edited book. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars for an intriguing plot with a few hassles and twists. Again, I disliked nothing. I recommend it to children who cherish novellas with superpowers.

Strange Super Powers
View: on Bookshelves
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

This looks like an interesting read for young adults and mostly children. I'd really like to know how they suddenly got super powers. Was it because of Ms Harrison or did their parents have that in their Gene? I'd love to know so I'll read this.
Dorine Jelagat
Currently Reading: Mama's Girl
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Dorine Jelagat »

It is about the choices we make and the responsibilities we take. This comes from both Ms. Harrison and the children with the supernatural powers. Great review.
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

Children will definitely enjoy this one. Great review.
ITANGISHATSE J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ITANGISHATSE J »

It must be interesting.
Parents should interest their children with this book for self actualization.
Thank you for this review. You must have enjoyed the book too.
Julius J James
Currently Reading: Herculubus or Red Planet
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-james-1.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Julius J James »

Interesting review! I would like to read and know how this kids will utilize their superpowers.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

Very interesting adventure book. What triggers the urge to read is the title and illustration that is eye catching. The review is superb and creates more curiosity.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Fantasy and adventure! This seems just great and exciting for children. I look forward to discovering their superpowers. Great review.
oeun sokchheng
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by oeun sokchheng »

It interested superpowers 😊 that awesome 👏
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Looks really great. I would like to grab a copy for myself. I liked this review very much, but I wasn't able to fathom to which age it suits exactly? I guess it's for adolescents, right?
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
queen anirah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queen-anirah.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by queen anirah »

This is such a bad thing for young children to face. I think it’s also an interesting plot twist for them to find out they have powers. Thanks for the nice review.

Return to “Children's Books”