Review of The Power of a Smile

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of The Power of a Smile

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Power of a Smile" by Suzanne S. Bauman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Laughter is a very important factor in the lives of all people. Laughter improves mood, can make a difficult situation easier, and simply makes life better. Many would also say that laughter has a significant impact on health. The Power of a Smile by Suzanne S. Bauman is a children's book that conveys the power and importance of a smile in a fun and interactive way with a multitude of illustrations.

In this book, the author states a lot of reasons why laughter is essential in everyone's life. She gives many examples from everyday life to convey the meaning of a smile. Likewise, the author emphasizes that there are many objects in everyone's surroundings that have the shape of a smile. In this way, the book is quite interactive because it requires the reader to be involved in the story. In addition, each stated reason for a smile is accompanied by an appropriate illustration.

I enjoyed the whole book immensely. It's entertaining, very captivating, and charming. I like that there is equal emphasis on the textual and pictorial elements. I relish that every sentence of the book is illustrated. This is a big bonus, considering the book is intended for children. Also, I really like the fact that the author connects a smile with a lot of aspects of life, and an instructive element can be seen in that. A smile is everywhere; you just need to know how to recognize it. In addition, the colors used on the design have a calming effect but are at the same time vibrant and colorful.

There is nothing in the book that I didn’t like. I did not find any grammatical errors, so the book seems exceptionally well edited.

Since I have no complaints and have no reason to give the book a lower rating, I give it 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it primarily to kindergarten teachers because it can be a fun and educational read for kindergarten-age children. I think this book would also be an ideal gift for any child who is a book lover.

The Power of a Smile
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

I think this sounds like such a cute and heartwarming book. Its definitely a book I would want my future kids reading. Thank you for a great review!
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Laughter truly is a amazing thing. This book seems like it would bring great joy to children and the pictures would excite them. Nicely done review!
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

The cover of this book is so colorful and captivating,I love this review,am definitely going to add this book to my book shelves,my junior siblings would enjoy to read this book,thanks for the honest review.

Return to “Children's Books”