Review of Mouse Tales

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Mouse Tales

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mouse Tales" by Valerie Greenfield.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mouse Tales by Valerie Greenfield contains short stories of two young adventurous mice, Sniffy and Yummy. The duo likes to play video games on the computer, but their mum, Amelia, constantly tells them to go outside and breathe fresh air.

During their time outside, they encounter a botanist who enlightens them about plants. First, she explains how some plants feed on insects and digest them fully. Again, she teaches them different types of plants, fruits, and their origin. The mice’s escapades occur in numerous locations. One time the mice visit their grandparents and are served sumptuous delicacies. Another time they’re at Aunt Margaret’s place while another in a castle garden. Sniffy was a cunning one. One time when Yummy falls ill and has to stay at home to recuperate, Sniffy looks for ways to become sick so he can skip school too. A copy of Mouse Tales will brighten your day!

I enjoyed the sense of responsibility in the stories. Amelia has to regularly remind Sniffy and Yummy to do their homework. When night comes, they have to take a bath before retiring to bed. Also, Sniffy being the eldest, has to help Yummy make his bed in the morning.

There are times I laughed at the funny moments in the book. The humor maintained the swift pace of the book; there weren’t sluggish scenes all through. The disparate natures of the two mice were evident in the stories. Sniffy minded his tongue when he spoke, while Yummy expressed himself honestly (sometimes without thinking through).

The only thing I did not like was how Valerie used complex words in the work. I only encountered some missing commas; hence, the book is professionally edited. This installment took me back to my childhood moments both at home and school. I was educated and entertained at the same time. Therefore, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to children of all ages. Also, adults who enjoy devouring adventurous kids’ books will be enthralled by this one.

Mouse Tales
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

I like that these adventurous rodents were able to leave their video games behind to take part in some outdoor escapades instead! I’m sure the mice loved meeting the botanist who could show them so many of nature’s delicacies, so thank you for your entertaining review! 🐭
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

The adventures of Sniffy and Yummie looks so inviting. Thanks for a lovely review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Golendra Savita
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Golendra Savita »

I love that these adventures deeds now look them how they leave video games behind to enjoy and become a part of some dangerous exciting. Deeds.and it's good for mic that he loves to meet botanist and look nature.😍🐀
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

This book sounds very sweet. I think it's great the mice were encouraged to go outside and play. Children today are in danger of spending too much time indoors and on phones and other devices. I would definitely consider buying this book for my nieces and nephews.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Children's Books”