Review of Jeni's Bubble

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Review of Jeni's Bubble

Post by ciecheesemeister »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Jeni's Bubble" by Ann-Margret Manley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you remember what it’s like to be a little kid wanting to do a super-cool thing just like the adults and older kids you know? Something like riding a bike, making your own clothes, or playing a sport, or a smaller but still important accomplishment, like being able to blow epic bubblegum bubbles.

Jeni’s Bubble is a fun children’s book written by Ann-Margret Manley and illustrated by Elena Kochetova. The book is based on the real-life experiences of the author’s younger sister, Jeni, who wanted to learn how to blow bubbles with her bubblegum. The person who could blow the best bubbles was Grandma Margaret.

Jeni listened to what Grandma Margaret had to say about blowing bubbles. It was hard to master the skill, but one day Jeni did, and she blew an impressively big bubble—a little too big!

There was nothing that I disliked about this story. It is appropriate for children of all ages. The cartoon-like illustrations are cute and colorful. The bold, dark text stands out nicely against the background. The book appears to have been professionally edited as I did not find any errors in the text.

Young children may be able to relate to Jeni’s predicament. I can remember being a little kid trying to learn to blow bubbles with my bubble gum. As Grandma Margaret told Jeni, practice is key in learning to blow bubbles. Kids will master the skill soon enough, becoming overachievers getting gum all over their faces when blowing a too-big bubble.

I give Jeni’s Bubble four out of four stars. The story is light-hearted, but it does contain practical advice as well, such as the reminder that nobody masters a skill from the start. It is necessary to practice becoming proficient at anything, but it is also necessary to pace oneself.

Jeni's Bubble
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Unfortunately blowing a bubblegum bubble is still a dream not achieved :cry: . Jokes apart, this book has a really interesting story with a life lesson on learning skills. Great review.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

It is the dream of every little kid to grow up and do amazing things like other old people in the environment. I would recommend this book for any kid. Good review.
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

This sounds like such a cute and heartwarming read! This is definitely a book for any kid to read, as to me it teaches that practice makes perfect. Thank you for your great review!
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

I'd like to add this book to my children's library because it appears to be a fun read. Granny always has the best advice. Practice does make perfect, as the saying goes. However, before we achieve perfection, we must learn to be patient with ourselves and persevere in our efforts until we succeed. The moral of the novel is clear to me, and the plot has already captivated me. Thank you for your review.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

Kids always tend to imitate their elders, I presume adults and kids will enjoy this book. Good review.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

This story sounds swell! It gives the kids the idea that you cannot get what you want if you don't work hard. Great message! If the reader internalizes this deep into his mind, he'll have an obstacle less in life.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

am thirty years old and i still like to blow out bubble gum, cute book, great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq

Return to “Children's Books”