Review of Three Naughty Donkeys

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Review of Three Naughty Donkeys

Post by Jsovermyer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Three Naughty Donkeys" by Sandra J. Payne.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Three Naughty Donkeys by Sandra J. Payne is a lively, delightful children’s book about three mischievous donkeys named Muggs, Cocoa, and Marshmallow. One hot day on the farm, the donkeys see the juicy red apples in the nearby orchard and decide to sneak out of their pen to get some. In their haste to get the delicious treats, they flatten a path through the tall sunflowers. Of course, Farmer Freddy catches them and sends them back to where they belong. Will they be good donkeys now? Have they learned their lessons?

The author, Sandra J. Payne, modeled these comical characters after the three donkeys living on her parents’ farm. Muggs is the instigator of the unacceptable behavior. He only cares about the food and doesn’t think about the consequences. Marshmallow is the follower and does what Muggs suggests. Cocoa tries to stop his friends until the temptation becomes too much for him. I like these wonderful characters with their distinct personalities.

My favorite parts of this book are the colorful, full-page illustrations. Rachel Yew makes the story come to life. Children are sure to laugh at the characters’ funny expressions. My favorite picture was of the donkeys trying to tiptoe through the sunflower field like ballerinas.

There was nothing I disliked about Three Naughty Donkeys. This fun story charmed me. It is exceptionally well edited, as I found no errors in its 23 pages.

The author wrote this book for children ages two through eight. With just a few sentences on each page and a basic vocabulary, it is perfect for young readers. Younger kids will love hearing this tale read aloud to them.

What a cool story! Reading this book was a pleasure. The author and illustrator combined to create a book children will love. I loved it too. Since I thought it was outstanding, this book deserves the highest score. I am rating Three Naughty Donkeys by Sandra J. Payne 4 out of 4 stars.

Three Naughty Donkeys
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

These donkeys seems very funny. I would love to meet them.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

This sounds like a real charmer of a book. I believe my niece will fall in love with the three little donkeys. So nice that it has cute illustrations too. Thank you for the lovely review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

The three donkeys having names and each having a different personality creates a fun and interesting scenario.Very cool.Thanks for the review!
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Post by Joyful17 »

Quite an interesting story line. I would really love to see the beautiful illustrations you mentioned. Thanks for a nice review.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This book sounds interesting but I will pass this one as it is a children's book. Great review.
Nolwazi Tracy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nolwazi Tracy »

Naughty donkeys what a headache, seems so interesting with names.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

MARJORIE obeso wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 10:07 this book is so stressful reliever especially for one donkey who wants to eat the red apple at least find the way how to out on the pench, but suddenly the owner notice it, they just follow in a good go back to pench where they belong. Like children, they need our guidance while they growing up In life.
I completely agree with you. The donkeys are like children and must be taught right and wrong.
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

Sounds like an adorable story with a good lesson about behavior. Great review!
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

These three donkeys sounds Intresting, thanks for the honest review.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

The naughty donkeys makes me laugh. Children will enjoy reading this. Good review
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

The storyline seems good. Furthermore, the three donkeys have different characters makes me want to read this book. Thanks
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Susan Gibbs »

I love the donkeys' names. It sounds like this book has wonderful illustrations. Thank you for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”