Review of Back in Time for Breakfast

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Review of Back in Time for Breakfast

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Back in Time for Breakfast" by Brian D. Morrison.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A little girl and her favourite toy go on an adventure in the middle of the night. Flying on a magical carpet, they go all around the world and experience many different things. They come across some angry pirates who wanted to capture them, but luckily, they get away. Not only that, the little girl goes through snowy mountains. They eventually travel through time and end up in the future. Here they meet a giant octopus. Will she be brave enough to face the giant octopus? Back in Time for Breakfast by Brian D. Morrison will take readers on a fun adventure.

The colourful cover of this book is what initially caught my attention. I find that sometimes the cover of books doesn’t relate to the story, but for this book, it does. I like that the author kept the length of the text at a minimum, as it is for little children to read. All the sentences rhyme, which makes it pleasant to read out loud.

Children tend to gravitate towards the images in a book rather than the text to understand the story. Luckily, alongside the text, we have incredible illustrations that help make the story come to life. Despite being a very short book, we still get to see the girl’s personality. I would describe her as being brave, loving, and full of energy.

While the story was easy to follow along with, it provided no valuable lessons to the reader. I think it’s important that children’s books teach them something important. This book fails to do that. This is the only thing I disliked about the book.

Overall, I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of the reason I stated above. I found no mistakes, so it is exceptionally edited. I highly recommend this book to be read as a bedtime story to children aged 3-7.

Back in Time for Breakfast
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

Meeting a giant octopus on an adventurous journey is captivating. Even though the storyline sounds like that of a book I have read before. I think your review made the book more interesting. Well-done!
lara_kelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lara-kelly.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by lara_kelly »

I love brave female characters! Her adventures sound exciting.
Thank you for the review.
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

Seems like a great adventure for the youngest! I really like the bright colors on the cover.
Thank you! :)
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I like the premises of the story; the little girl goes out on an adventure and is back in time for breakfast. Its sparks imagination. Thanks for your review.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

This is a book that kids will love! No wonder the little girl must have become a role model for a lot of children. Great job with the review.

Return to “Children's Books”