Review of Please Don't Tell Cooper That Jack is a Rabbit

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Review of Please Don't Tell Cooper That Jack is a Rabbit

Post by ciecheesemeister »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Please Don't Tell Cooper That Jack is a Rabbit" by Michelle Lander Feinberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Please Don’t Tell Cooper That Jack is a Rabbit is a children’s book written by Michelle Lander Feinberg and illustrated by Anna Mosca. The book tells the story of Cooper, a big black and brown dog who looks a bit like a bear. If there’s one thing that Cooper loves in life, it’s chasing rabbits. Cooper doesn’t want to hurt the rabbits; he just wants to make friends. But to the rabbits, Cooper is big and scary looking, so they run away from him.

One day Cooper chases a rabbit through a picnic that the fifth-grade class is having. When the rabbit sees that the kids aren’t afraid of Cooper, he stops running. Cooper’s family take the rabbit home and name him Jack. Jack and Cooper become the greatest of friends.

This is a charming tale featuring likable characters and a sweet animal friendship. It is appropriate for children of all ages. Children in the middle-grade range can enjoy reading this simple rhyming story themselves.

I found nothing to dislike about the book. It has beautiful illustrations and positive messages about friendship and acceptance. There are whimsical scenes that kids are sure to enjoy such as the one where Cooper is playing the drums and Jack is playing the guitar.

As someone who has vision issues (cataracts) I appreciated the big, bold font that stood out against the colorful background. I believe a bold font is always the best choice for children’s books.

I believe that the book was professionally edited. I found no errors in the text. The story was pleasant, positive, and easy to follow along with. I recommend it for parents, educators, and anyone who has young children in their lives. I am pleased to rate Please Don’t Tell Cooper That Jack is a Rabbit four out of four stars.

Please Don't Tell Cooper That Jack is a Rabbit
View: on Bookshelves
the_bibliofile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bibliofile.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez

Post by the_bibliofile »

Love how the book subtly imprints likeability towards animals in the mind of children. It's really important that children's books teach something to them and this book seems to deliver that in a fun way while making the characters goofy and likeable. Thank you for the detailed review!
Brittany Sadler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-sadler.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Brittany Sadler »

This sounds adorable. I am excited to look into it more.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

This sounds like a fun story about animals. I also appreciate a large, bold font in kids' books!
Gabriella Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-smith.html
Latest Review: Uncommon Poems Common People by T.D. Kruser (Terry Kruser)

Post by Gabriella Smith »

This book really sounds joyful, the review also makes it seem like it has some deep plot development (conflict and resolution) which is not very common in children's books, especially ones from years and years ago.
Rimsha Falak
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rimsha-falak.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by Rimsha Falak »

This sounds like a story that inculcates the message to not judge a book by its cover; alternatively, to not judge people by their appearances. I think that it is a worthy message for children to learn specially early on in life so that it prevents stereotyping later on in life. Thank you for your review!
Shakur Abdullah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shakur Abdullah »

Wow! I will say it's a great story with great lessons even for adults too. Like quick judgment, racism, negative mind always distroys and kills. God says if you save 1 soul it as if you have save the hole of humanity and friendship is one factor. Also the chose of animals is great because children love rabbits and dogs. Thank you.
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

Children's books often come with a great message and this one is not an exemption as it preaches friendship and love for animals. I like your review.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

The whole book exudes such sweetness, and the illustrations add even more to it. I am more than willing to read it more than once. And yes, awesome review.
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

The title is so amusing!:) thank u for such a lovely review
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

Children will obviously love to read and listen to this story. Thanks for the review.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

Children definitely will love it because this is a story that they like also the title really unique. It made me want to read this book.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

The title is amazing, it made me laugh before reading the review. The whole book sounds great and joyful. I also liked the illustrations on the cover. Thanks for the nice review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June

Return to “Children's Books”