Review of Bonnie’s Adventures in a Storybook World

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Review of Bonnie’s Adventures in a Storybook World

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

I'm not so sure about this book, it seems like the plot might be interesting but I'm not sure. I will consider reading it sometime in the future. The book cover looks nice and the plot seems promising, perhaps the characters might present the same level of authenticity that most great books contain. Good work by the author for providing us with this book. I hope I do find it interesting when I end up reading it. Congratulations on the BOTD.
mytkreadingreview
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytkreadingreview.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mytkreadingreview »

It is a story about a young girl,her name was Bonnie she was beginning her eighth grade at a new school, one day she was out with her father shopping for her mom's birthday she request her father to stop by the book shop to get a new book. That night she felt asleep while reading it. She waked and continued reading and felt sorry for some of the chareters, she wanted to help them.
Effie Cherotich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-effie-cherotich.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by Effie Cherotich »

It is a little bit wild and creative that Bonnie finds herself to be in a story that she read as a swan. I love the approach that the author uses to tell the story to teach young people about certain values.
Effie Cherotich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-effie-cherotich.html

Post by Effie Cherotich »

It is a little bit wild and creative that Bonnie finds herself to be in a story that she read as a swan. I love the approach that the author uses to tell the story to teach young people about certain values.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

An introvert like me can relate with Bonnie's case. The concept used for the book is intriguing and attention capturing. I love the book and I will give it a try
Browniee Da Sylva
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browniee-da-sylva.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Browniee Da Sylva »

This book has all the makings of quite an engaging read as well as one that takes you back to your younger days. I'm all for it.
Hlelo Nyathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Hlelo Nyathi »

I love how this book portrays Bonnie as a bold individual who is in control of herself. She may seem like an introvert but here she is given a platform to connect. It sounds like a lovely book especially for children in primary or entering high school, many children tend to get nervous and I believe this book would actually boost the confidence of that quiet, nervous or shy kid. I also think the fact that Bonnie wakes up in a fantasy fairytale with these animals and nature gives children who read this book an open and boundless mind, allowed to dream and be creative with what they see and experience in their day to day lives This book could breed writers!
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 10:18 I enjoy reading books that demonstrate to children that they are not alone and teaches them how to interact with others. Thank you for your review.

I totally agree! Thanks for your comment.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

Michelle Menezes wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 10:21 I can relate to Bonnie's character so much. I'm an introvert too, and I have trouble making friends despite being an adult. I like the concept of entering the book world. It is something I always imagine when I love a book. I think I'm going to give this one a try.
Thank you for your review.
I agree that waking up in one of your favorite stories would be awesome.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Susan Gibbs »

I love the idea of the little girl waking up in the story she is reading. This will help children develop their imaginations. The review makes me want to read the book to find out how she gets back home.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I will definitely read this one because there were fantasy and adventure that might have a good story in it.

Return to “Children's Books”