Review of Bonnie’s Adventures in a Storybook World

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Review of Bonnie’s Adventures in a Storybook World

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bonnie’s Adventures in a Storybook World" by Kristie Schubert.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bonnie’s Adventures in a Storybook World by Kristie Schubert is the story of a young girl named Bonnie. She is starting eighth grade at a new school. While out birthday shopping for her mom Bonnie asks her father if she can stop by the book store and get a new book. She chooses one that has a picture of a girl sitting by a lake. That night she falls asleep reading the book and wakes up in the story she was reading. She is suddenly a swan swimming in a lake. Bonnie is not sure what is happening but she soon gets wrapped up in the story and wants to help the characters. Will Bonne be able to help the characters in the book dream world? Why is she even there, and how will she get back home?

I really liked this fun and creative story. Bonnie is a very relatable character. She is a shy introvert who has trouble making new friends. Starting at a new school can be a very scary thing to experience. The friends that Bonnie makes in the story all have very different personalities. The author uses storybooks to teach Bonnie important lessons about being considerate of others, making new friends, and the importance of expressing your feelings. Bonnie cares deeply for her new friends that she meets in her stories, and she works hard to help them in any way that she can. The author incorporates getting a job, working hard, and even includes a little bit of romance into the story. This book is a fun entertaining story that teaches young people important lessons.

The only minor issue I have with this book is the cover. The title on the cover is hard to see. I had a hard time reading the thin black words through the dark-colored artwork. I feel that a cover with a clearer title would make this book more visually appealing to prospective readers.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I only found one error so the book is clearly professionally edited. I really enjoyed the different personalities of the characters and how they are all viewed in a positive way. The book promotes friendship, hard work, and loyalty which are important traits to teach children from an early age.

I highly recommend this book to children that are in elementary or middle school. This would be an excellent book for a child that is starting at a new school, or a child that has trouble making friends. This may also help children that consider themselves introverts. Elementary and middle school teachers may enjoy reading this with their class.

Bonnie’s Adventures in a Storybook World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

Children's book with a fantasy in it? I am all in. The storyline is so good, and the narration is enchanting. Excellent review, and equally excellent book.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach
Bookshelf Size: 2396
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I think we've all dreamed about being swept off to a fantasy land. At least I have. Also, the lessons in the book are important both for children and adults. You make a good point about the cover, so I hope the author considers your comments. Thank you for your great review!
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I don't read middle-grade books. But I can see other readers enjoying this book. Books with relatable narrators are always a plus. Great job with the review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 813
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

This sounds like a sweet and entertaining story that children will surely love. Introverted and shy children will relate with Bonnie and love reading about her adventures.
Thanks for this amazing review. :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I enjoy reading books that demonstrate to children that they are not alone and teaches them how to interact with others. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Michelle Menezes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I can relate to Bonnie's character so much. I'm an introvert too, and I have trouble making friends despite being an adult. I like the concept of entering the book world. It is something I always imagine when I love a book. I think I'm going to give this one a try.
Thank you for your review.
Letisha01
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Letisha01 »

It sounds like an interesting fantasy book for children!! I wouldn’t be interested but. Child definitely would love it
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a lovely book for children to help connect with others and express their feelings. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

A children's book where the protagonist, a little girl, wakes up in the story she was reading. This includes important lessons like being considerate by others, making new friends, and the importance of expressing your feelings. It seems like an entertaining and fun story that transmits good messages to young people.
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A lovely children's book "Bonnie's Adventures in a Storybook World" by Kristie Schubert, which has a story of a eighth grade student, Bonnie, who after sleeping finds herself in the story of the book that she was reading before sleeping. I think this is a appealing children's book.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

I agree wholeheartedly about the title on the book cover. I loved the illustration but the title needs to stand out more. I found the sample delightful to read and loved the way that the author made a connection to the girl’s real life and her dreams. Thanks for the excellent review on this book.
Yasser Gewayfel
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Yasser Gewayfel »

One of the best things is that children tend to read books and imagine stories, even if they are superstitious. What was a fantasy yesterday has become a reality today . good review .
Abacus
Favorite Book: Elizabeth's Garden
Currently Reading: Zonas de
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abacus.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Abacus »

Bonnie’s Adventures in a Storybook World by Kristie Schubert - A charming tale about Bonnie, a book lover at a young age. She is quite lonely and doesn't make new friends easily. Her new book looks so interesting with a picture of a girl sitting by a lake on the cover. In her dream she becomes a swan swimming in the lake, she meets new characters and learns valuable lessons about socializing. A great book for eighth graders. Thanks for the review.
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Post by Valkyrie9 »

This sounds like a beautifully written, creative way of teaching children valuable lessons like how to make friends, the value of hard work, and more. Thanks for the review!
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:

Return to “Children's Books”