Review of "Butterball goes to the Beach"

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of "Butterball goes to the Beach"

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of ""Butterball goes to the Beach"" by Julia Seaborn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I believe most children love picture books depicting various animals. I also think the same goes for some adult readers. I adore picture books about animals, and I try to recommend those that are especially interesting to other book lovers.

Butterball Goes to the Beach by Julia Seaborn is a children's book that follows a dog named Butterball. The author describes his various activities on the beach, who he meets, what he learns, and how he spends the whole day on the beach. The entire book is illustrated, and the reader can follow the whole story through engaging pictures. In addition, at the end of the book, there are interesting facts related to the characters from the story. The book also features fun and interactive content for kids, like coloring pages and connect-the-dots.

The book is entertaining and instructive. I love stories where animals are the main characters, especially dogs. I also like that the whole book is illustrated, and the entire plot can be followed through the pictures. The illustrations are very colorful, but at the same time, the colors are soothing and not too vibrant. The atmosphere of summer and the beach is perfectly conveyed. Also, I like that the reader can learn interesting facts about some animals in the dialogue between the characters. Moreover, at the end of the book, there is interactive content for the reader, which surprised me because I haven't come across anything similar in children's books for a while.

There is nothing in the book that I did not like. I came across some minor grammatical errors, but that did not affect my reading.

All things considered, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I have no good reason to give it a lower rating. It is written in very simple language, and I believe it can be suitable for children who are just starting to learn to read.

"Butterball goes to the Beach"
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VictoriousReader »

I am an adult, but I certainly love picture books! The book sounds interesting. I would like to read it.
Maliha Naveed
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Tales from the Grey Area
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maliha-naveed.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by Maliha Naveed »

As a dog-lover myself, I would love to grab this book before passing it on to my kid. Such a tempting review!
Kanchan Bhil
Currently Reading: That Guy What Kill Topsy
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-bhil.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Kanchan Bhil »

Summer and beach are the words that every kid loves. Vacations are a big part of everyone's childhood, and books based on them always feel close to heart. Thank you for your amazing review!
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

The illustrated pages of a book are always added advantages of a children's book or any book for that matter. It seems a relaxing read. Thank you for articulating your thoughts about this in an excellent manner.
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The children book are great to read. The summer, the butter, and a pet along on a street is the dream come true moment. Thank you for such an adorable review.
Nabeela Urooj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Nabeela Urooj »

I think this book is most interesting. Illustrations makes more interest to children to read and also enjoy reading. I really like this concept.

Return to “Children's Books”