Review of The Forest is full of Stories

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mvjdarling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mvjdarling.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Review of The Forest is full of Stories

Post by Mvjdarling »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Forest is full of Stories" by C.C. Bay Jones.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Forest is full of Stories by C.C. Bay Jones is a collection of different short stories. The 35-page book is a children's novel with 12 chapters. The book was written with the writer's focus on conveying certain ideas and emotions to its readers.

The first chapter, Talking Sword, starts with a conversation between a sword that talks and a small girl. In the Young Archer, another chapter, Richard and his brother David were practicing archery. However, Richard seems to be having a hard time shooting his arrows, and although it didn't seem like it, his brother was able to help him, and he was able to aim for the end of the chapter. Also, in the chapter titled, Grandfather and Granddaughter, the grandfather conspires with his granddaughter while learning pottery on the need to learn how to fix things fast because his wife would always run around, touch anything that catches her fancy, and breaking things along her way.

There isn't a link between all the chapters, and in each chapter, there were different characters. The only thing that seems to appear more than once is the sword in the first and last chapters. Albeit, each of the stories is fascinating in its way.

I love the book's title, and in more than one story, the scene took place in the forest. Also, I love how each chapter is short and exciting. In addition, I admire the book has some new words for the young reader to learn and explore.

However, I believe the book is too vague and incomprehensible for a children's book. In each of the stories, there seems to be no beginning, either is there an ending. I believe the essence of reading is to understand what the writer has written, but I did not understand the book as a whole. Also, I find an inappropriate word in the book that I think is good for a children's book.

Albeit the above reservations, the writing is an interesting read. The book is professionally edited, as I observed one error in it. Therefore, I rate The Forest is full of Stories by C.C. Bay Jones 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book to children between the ages of 9 to 12.

The Forest is full of Stories
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kanchan Bhil
Currently Reading: That Guy What Kill Topsy
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-bhil.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Kanchan Bhil »

There definitely should not be any words in a kids' book that are not good for children. But the book's title is very catchy and different. Thank you for your review!

Return to “Children's Books”