Official Review: Tales To Tattle by Isabel Angell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Official Review: Tales To Tattle by Isabel Angell

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tales To Tattle" by Isabel Angell.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tales to Tattle by Isabel Angell is a collection of ten short stories. These short stories cover adventures that unfold in the human world, in fairylands, and others border between the two worlds.

One of my favorite stories in the book is about sea creatures. In that story, we meet Ayda, a kindhearted mermaid, with many friends. She followed the same routine daily, and most of her days were uneventful. On one particular day, her friends faced dangers of many sorts, and she had to rescue them. Despite all the challenges she faced on that day, she was brave and saved all her friends. What I found entertaining in this story were the rhyming names Ayda’s friends had. The turtle’s name was Toittle and the crab’s name was Craig. Can you guess what the dolphin’s name was? Pick up the book Tales to Tattle to check if your guess is correct.

Values such as kindness, empathy, love, care, teamwork, and sharing are promoted throughout this book. I like that the young readers are taught the importance of teamwork and shown the benefits, results, and rewards of working together.

The book comprises several characters that are guaranteed to appeal to most young readers. These characters include ghosts, birds, cats, and mythical characters such as mermaids, unicorns, dragons, and many others.

There was nothing to dislike about the book. All the stories tugged at my heartstrings, and most characters were warm, friendly, and kind. There are many valuable lessons that young readers will gain from this book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the adventures that the characters undertook. The language used in the book is clean and easy to understand, making the book ideal for young readers as they can grasp the concepts with ease.

The book contains a combination of typos and grammatical errors. Although these errors did not hamper my overall reading experience, they were unmissable. The book, therefore, requires another round of editing.

I am awarding the book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I am withholding one star because of the errors in the book and awarding it three full stars because the characters were fun, diverse, and the various stories were fascinating and detailed.

This book is ideal for young readers around the ages of 7 to 13 years old who enjoy reading about mythical creatures and animals. It is also suitable for toddlers, provided that adults read it to them.

Tales To Tattle
View: on Bookshelves
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

This sounds like a cute book with good lessons for children. Thanks for the review!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

I love reading short stories, so I think I would love reading this too. Even though I'm adult now, but I still love read children's literature as they are simple and gives lots of lessons in just few words. Clearly, I'm gonna try to pick this book “Tales Of Tattle” soon. Thank you for your beautifully written review.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

This sounds like a fascinating book for children. Most children love mystical characters and animals. I love that it has great character traits as well. Thank you for an informative review.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Currently Reading:

maggi3 wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 16:23 This sounds like a cute book with good lessons for children. Thanks for the review!
You're welcome Maggi. Thanks for stopping by :tiphat:
Currently Reading:

Urvashi Tripathi wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 12:41 I love reading short stories, so I think I would love reading this too. Even though I'm adult now, but I still love read children's literature as they are simple and gives lots of lessons in just few words. Clearly, I'm gonna try to pick this book “Tales Of Tattle” soon. Thank you for your beautifully written review.
Children's books are honestly a delight. They are short and usually filled with great lessons.
Currently Reading:

cd20 wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 13:52 This sounds like a fascinating book for children. Most children love mystical characters and animals. I love that it has great character traits as well. Thank you for an informative review.
Thank you so much for stopping by :tiphat: :tiphat:
Omeri Jeremiah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Omeri Jeremiah »

Its an enjoyable book for children, with good moral lessons. Nice review.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

I love these kinds of books. When you pull it off the shelf you can have many adventures with one book. Thank you for the great review and sharing what life lesson are learned within the pages.

Return to “Children's Books”