Official Review: A+ Techucation's by Jason Leroy Hughes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Official Review: A+ Techucation's by Jason Leroy Hughes

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A+ Techucation's" by Jason Leroy Hughes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A+ Techucation's: ABC's of Technology is written by Jason Leroy Hughes and April Sanders. It is a children's book designed to help children learn the alphabet and to understand more about technology at the same time. The book contains various terms for each letter. It provides children with an educational experience.

A+ Techucation's takes a walk through the alphabet. Each letter represents a technological term and contains an explanation of what the term means. The reader will learn their ABC's and gain knowledge about technology.

The book is targeted to children ages 2 to 8 years old. I believe even with a parent reading the book, younger children may have a harder time understanding the terminology aspect. I would say a better age range would be 6 to 10 years of age. The younger children would learn the alphabet and the older children would be better able to understand the definitions. I also believe older adults who are new to the world of technology may enjoy being able to reference this book while learning to understand the Internet. I don't feel the book is suitable for teenagers and young adults. It would contain information they already know.

I liked how the book is geared towards teaching children their ABC's while also educating them on technology. I enjoyed how the illustrations go with the definitions. A+ Techucations is a different way to explore the terminology that goes along with technology. I liked how the book breaks down what the words mean. I do feel some elderly who have never had computers in the past would benefit from the book, not just children. It would provide a simple explanation on how things work that the young and the old would appreciate. I enjoyed the simplicity of the book. There really isn't anything to dislike about the book. I do feel the recommended age in the description of the book is a little low. While a two-year-old could understand the alphabet, I don't think they would comprehend the terminology. They also might not have the attention span to sit and listen to the defintions. I would recommend increasing the age.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears to be professionally edited and contains no errors. It is a unique way to learn the alphabet and about technology. I feel the author did an excellent job writing this book. He made it educational in a fun way. I would be interested in reading other books by this author. Overall, I found it worth taking the time to read.

A+ Techucation's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mac :techie-reference:

Return to “Children's Books”