Official Review: Pierre Rabbit by A.C. Murphy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Official Review: Pierre Rabbit by A.C. Murphy

Post by cd20 »

I love your review! This sounds like an excellent children's book. Hopefully, the author will fix the errors so it will be a more fluid read. Not that they will bother a child, but most likely would be noticed by an adult reading the book.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

cd20 wrote: 30 May 2021, 14:51 I love your review! This sounds like an excellent children's book. Hopefully, the author will fix the errors so it will be a more fluid read. Not that they will bother a child, but most likely would be noticed by an adult reading the book.
For sure, especially since that was the only aspect of the book that warranted potential for improvement! Thank you for the sweet words of animal support 🐇
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

A rabbit who wants to become Santa's helper instead! Somehow, I'm reminded of Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas. What an adorable book with good lessons. Thank you for the descriptive and enjoyable review!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
AvidBibliophile

smolbird wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 08:11 A rabbit who wants to become Santa's helper instead! Somehow, I'm reminded of Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas. What an adorable book with good lessons. Thank you for the descriptive and enjoyable review!
Hehe, for sure! I was surprised by the direction that this plot immediately took a small Easter bunny, but he was dissatisfied and thought Santa might be better. So off he hopped! 🐇
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This sounds like such a cute children’s story! The illustrations to go with the story would certainly hold a child’s attention. Thanks for the great revirw
AvidBibliophile

Booklover Becca wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 08:09 This sounds like such a cute children’s story! The illustrations to go with the story would certainly hold a child’s attention. Thanks for the great review
Thanks so much for hopping on over to check out this holiday rabbit tale! Your feedback is much appreciated. 🐇

Return to “Children's Books”